Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: *.m4p plug-in? (Read 7579 times) previous topic - next topic

*.m4p plug-in?

I would like to be able to read my bought music from iTunes, but without such a clunky program!  I use foobar exclusively for playing, but the 1 album I bought from iTunes before realizing it was a rip is still the only copy OF that album I have.  I have one for Winamp that lets me play it, but Winamp is not foobar...

*.m4p plug-in?

Reply #1
I'm quite sure all files downloaded from iTunes are DRM-ed and cannot be played in any other player, unless you erm, "do the obvious" to them, if that can be done.

*.m4p plug-in?

Reply #2
I know what you are implying, but I know that they can be played w/out cracking them.  I have a Winamp plug-in that will play them w/out converting or anything like that.  And yes they are all DRM-ed.

*.m4p plug-in?

Reply #3
Technically, you need a legitimate license to use such DRM removal tools. Breaking the DMCA, or exercising your fair use rights to play your legally purchased media in the player of your choice? You decide.

*.m4p plug-in?

Reply #4
Uhm, files downloaded by iTunes work fine in foobar.  Just remember to play them in iTunes one time to "authorize" that computer to play the files.

*.m4p plug-in?

Reply #5
I don't believe the above is true . . . I have plenty of m4p files I can play in iTunes that still give errors in foobar.  Stuff like "channel coupling not yet implemented," "unexpected fill element," "x thing should be impossible," and so forth.

Code: [Select]
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://D:\Music\Alice in Chains\Dirt\06 - Junkhead.m4p" (0)
ERROR (foo_input_std) : Gain control not yet implemented
ERROR (foo_input_std) : MP4: decode error.

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 125 ms
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://D:\Music\Franz Joseph Haydn\Virgin Classics - Haydn_ String Quartets\2-02 Quartet for Strings in C Major,.m4p" (0)
ERROR (foo_input_std) : Unexpected fill element with SBR data

*.m4p plug-in?

Reply #6
I don't believe the above is true . . . I have plenty of m4p files I can play in iTunes that still give errors in foobar.  Stuff like "channel coupling not yet implemented," "unexpected fill element," "x thing should be impossible," and so forth.

INFO (CORE) : location: "file://D:\Music\Alice in Chains\Dirt\06 - Junkhead.m4p" (0)
ERROR (foo_input_std) : Gain control not yet implemented

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 125 ms
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://D:\Music\Franz Joseph Haydn\Virgin Classics - Haydn_ String Quartets\2-02 Quartet for Strings in C Major,.m4p" (0)
ERROR (foo_input_std) : Unexpected fill element with SBR data

Ditto

*.m4p plug-in?

Reply #7
Are you using 0.8? M4P support was not added until after the last 0.7 release.

*.m4p plug-in?

Reply #8
Are you using 0.8? M4P support was not added until after the last 0.7 release.

Ya, .8 full.

*.m4p plug-in?

Reply #9
Could these errors be due to some modification made to the songs in iTunes?  I have one album that I purchased from iTunes that works just fine--Primus' Pork Soda--but every single other one gives the sort of error I mentioned above.

*.m4p plug-in?

Reply #10
YAY!  .8 WORKS!

GIGIDY GIGIDY GIGIDY!