Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can you do this sort of thing? (Read 4038 times) previous topic - next topic

Can you do this sort of thing?

Is there any way to do something like this:

I like having winamp always showing in windowshade mode with the Xdock plugin so I can see the song and album (with albumlist) as well as access the controls. The Xdock plugin makes Winamp dock to the top of my screen (like the task bar does), it takes a chunk of the screen out so no programs or desktop icons go on top.

Basically, I would like a similar compact interface most of the time, but the normal Foobar interface is fine when I want to do stuff with the tracks aside from listening.

Thanks!

Reply #1
you need to use foo_looks 2.0 - which allows you to use custom freeform GUI's for fb2k

we are trying hard to build up a good collection of skins, but we need lots of contributions from other users.
at the moment we have 2 available winshade-style skins [span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'](and ~5 other type skins)[/span]:

---
Carbon - by DocUK

in fact, i'm happy to assist anyone if they have a cool idea for a skin

-

there is more info (& installation guide)on the web site:
foo_looks resource pages

and very up-to-date info on developments & new skins in the foo_looks thread:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=170724

hope this helps.

let me know if you need any assistance.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']note: the skins we design are able to dock to any edge of the desktop, but like most software, we are not currently able to 'reserve' that space, as you mentioned you can do with xdock.[/span]

Reply #2
If I can't reserve the space for it, then it isn't really worth it to me as the regular interface is fine when I want to actually use it. I would just like a bar similar to that to always be visible.

Thanks anyway though.

Reply #3
This is probably far from what you are asking for (but maybe worth mentioning anyway, just disregard otherwise):

foo_music_title_bar will give you a small interface on currently active titlebar

tbar_foo will give you a small interface on the taskbar

"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #5
@tk32:
i cant get foolooks to work. followed the destructions, copied gdi+ to all imaginable folders, lua in foobars folder, looks files in components, restarted foobar, machine etc.  Win98, latest foobar.  my intallation folder is not "foobar2000" -does that matter?

what i hope to get is simply a large 'now playing' window.  otherwise i am happy with the default interface.

Reply #6
what i hope to get is simply a large 'now playing' window.  otherwise i am happy with the default interface.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but try kode's On-Screen Display. Mine looks like this

Reply #7
try kode's On-Screen Display.

"Sorry, Windows 2000/XP only."   

that is approximately what i want, though.  i'm not even looking for something that fancy, just a window where i can put a format string and choose my font size.  i think it could be a cool tool bar built in to the interface, actually.  you could have as many extra text toolbars displaying what you want in what font/size you want.

now i have my status bar displaying 'now playing' at font size 22, almost big enough, but sometimes it runs into the length thing on the right.

is anyone else able to run foo looks on win98?

Reply #8
@tk32:
i cant get foolooks to work. followed the destructions, copied gdi+ to all imaginable folders, lua in foobars folder, looks files in components, restarted foobar, machine etc.  Win98, latest foobar.  my intallation folder is not "foobar2000" -does that matter?

foo_looks is also XP/2000 only as they are the only ones that support the advance blitting used by foo_looks and foo_osd.

Reply #9
sorry Juglesh

danZ is right

foo_looks 2.0 is win2000/XP only

Reply #10
Jobarr,

I would also add another possible choice.  Setup global hotkeys and use foo_tbar which can be found on the page here.