Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: new foo_audioscrobbler (Read 6551 times) previous topic - next topic

new foo_audioscrobbler

I see there's a new foo_audioscrobbler 1.2.2, but it seems quite buggered:

a) needs new MSVC runtimes, which are not included
(hint: for the same reason foobar is not compiled with new MSVC compiler)

b) after connection it complains that it needs to be updated

I dont know how to reach the author, though.

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #1
"buggered" seems a bit strong Garf, i noticed the msg about updating in the console, but it seems to work fine! it submits etc. i also never noticed the MSVC issue, i guess i must have installed the runtimes earlier for something else..

so um basically it does seem to work fine. the crash problem of foobar betas is gone at least  although, so much data has been lost it seems almost useless hmm

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #2
well, it still doesn't work in my machine 

bug report

v1.2.2 doesn't work with Foobar 0.8 beta 5 in win98se
either. It says: "ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL:
foo_audioscrobbler.dll, reason: Unable to load dll."

v1.2.1a didn't work either.

And 1.2.2 still doesn't work with 0.8b10 

If anyone can help me

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #3
I dont know how to reach the author, though.

I guess russ is the developer of this plugin. Here is complete thread, about audioscrobbler.
I have no problems with 1.2.2 version. Yes, It need some Visual C++ dll, but I had it on my system, and plugin is working fine.
Regards.

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #4
arg. NOW it seems to be buggered. is anyone else getting
INFO (Scrobbler) : Handshake failed: Bad username
INFO (Scrobbler) : Unable to handshake: sleeping...

Since upgrading to foobar 0.8 final?
wtf? i can still log into their website using l/p

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #5
Handshake works for me in foobar2k 0.8 !

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #6
So far no problems with 1.2.2 and foobar2000 0.8 for me either.  Apart from needing the msvc dll which I already had on my PC.

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #7
so, uh, yeah.. is the server down for this plug right now? i can't get a handshake, for about a week.. haven't been able to find any info on outages on the website, either.

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #8
so, uh, yeah.. is the server down for this plug right now? i can't get a handshake, for about a week.. haven't been able to find any info on outages on the website, either.

can you log into the website to see your stats? i can, i just can't handshake from around the time foobar 0.8 came out. i don't think it's actually related to 0.8 release.

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #9
Apart from needing the msvc dll which I already had on my PC.

Hey... suppose I could download that MSVCR71.dll file that the current audioscrobbler plugin needs - where would I put it to make it work? Can anyone help me? Or should i just wait until Russ finds time to fix the plugin so that it won't need that extra dll anymore? Thanks!

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #10
You can put those dll's either in foobar directory or in 'C:\WINDOWS\system32'. That way it'll work for sure.

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #11
just as i was about to give up on scrobbler for good, it starts working again. i don't get it. so much data is lost from their end or mine not working the stats must be pretty far out anyway.. i appreciate it's a free thing but it's a shame.

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #12
You can put those dll's either in foobar directory or in 'C:\WINDOWS\system32'. That way it'll work for sure.

Here's a download link for the MSVCR71.dll file (no idea how legal this is, it's in French  ) MSVCR71.dll (zipped). I've saved the .dll to the foobar2000 folder, as Siku suggested, and the audioscrobbler plugin now works.

Thanks!

EDIT: I got this fix to work on my foobar2000 with Windows 2000 yesterday - but on my Windows ME the fix above does NOT work. I wish Russ would release the audioscrobbler plugin which doesn't required the MSVCR71.dll.

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #13
Hmm, this is the first time I've used this plugin (just signed up today) and it seems to be working fine.

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #14
INFO (CORE) : startup time: 406 ms
INFO (foo_audioscrobbler) : Handshaking: Client up to date.
INFO (foo_audioscrobbler) : Submit interval set to 1 seconds.
INFO (foo_audioscrobbler) : Handshake successful.
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:musicb side bauhaus - who killed mr. moonlight.mp3" (0)
INFO (foo_audioscrobbler) : Submitting cache...
INFO (foo_audioscrobbler) : Submission failed: INTERVAL 1

A friend of mine received this error. Is there any solution? I just don'T understand what that INTERVAL 1 means.

new foo_audioscrobbler

Reply #15
It would be best to try your question here.  No one has properly pinpointed this error and it usually sorts itself out randomly.