Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: autoupdate plugin (Read 3523 times) previous topic - next topic

autoupdate plugin

hi,

i'm looking for a plugin which updates my playlist.
i have all my mp3s in one directory and even if some mp3s come over in the direcotry i always must clear my playlist and add my direcotry in the playist again.

so i search a function where i can say "auto update" and he looks which directorys are newer as the last "auto update" and then he will put the new mp3s into my playlist and perhaps at the end he will sort it new...

i hope you understand what i mean. my english is not as perfect.

greets

InFlame

autoupdate plugin

Reply #1
This has been requested quite a few times.

I also think it is a great idea.

For now though, just drag the root directory onto your playlist amd then use "Remove duplicates" on the playlist menu.

This doesn't take that long, especially if most of the files are already in your database and haven't been changed since they were added.

autoupdate plugin

Reply #2
I second this.
"The brightest flame burns quickest..."

autoupdate plugin

Reply #3
ah, yeah! good idea!

autoupdate plugin

Reply #4
yes  i'd like to see that feature too

autoupdate plugin

Reply #5
Yea, I thought of an ingenious idea to solve this problem. I use keyboard shortcuts. Quick and simple. Ctrl+Shift+C clears the playlist then Ctrl+Shift+A adds directory, you really get used to it after a while, and I prefer it over auto-update because auto-update would make foobar load slower. Just my opinion.

autoupdate plugin

Reply #6
I think the other major players have this, like RealOne Player, Winamp5, Windows Media Player 9. I think it would be nice if foobar2000 had it also.

autoupdate plugin

Reply #7
Yea, I thought of an ingenious idea to solve this problem. I use keyboard shortcuts. Quick and simple. Ctrl+Shift+C clears the playlist then Ctrl+Shift+A adds directory, you really get used to it after a while, and I prefer it over auto-update because auto-update would make foobar load slower. Just my opinion.

Maybe a component that makes a menu item to load a preselected directory or directories when you click the menu command is a good idea?

It could then be extended to optionally load a directory or directories on startup?

Just a thought.

Also it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make.

autoupdate plugin

Reply #8
That would be really helpful, to have automated playlist adding

autoupdate plugin

Reply #9
It could then be extended to optionally load a directory or directories on startup?

Just a thought.

Also it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make.

No it is not that hard.  I've got a plugin in the works that pretty much does what you suggested already.  While it works....it is buggy right now.