Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.8 beta (Read 92024 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #50
There IS one. In the context menu.

OMG, thanks r3fu53d. I didn't notice that there - I went straight for the actual diskwriter preferences box.

W00t, i'm so happy now, foobar2000 is the best!!!

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #51
lyx: of course. you have to have 'follow cursor' disabled, however it now plays next song it the 'playing' playlist, not the shown one.

hmm, so the change is, that if "follow cursor" is DISABLED, it now doesn't change playlists if there is another playlist activated than the currently playing one?

If yes, then i'm sorry and misunderstood something in my previous post. I didn't know about that previous behaviour because i do have follow cursor enabled always

Your screenshot doesn't work here(timeout). Firebird 0.7+ (trunk) here.

However, i noticed something playing around with the new menu-system: renaming the default menu-groups (i.e. foobar2000, playback, etc.) doesn't work(but maybe thats intended behaviour - but then, it shouldn't let one rename them in the first place)

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #52
hmm, so the change is, that if "follow cursor" is DISABLED, it now doesn't change playlists if there is another playlist activated than the currently playing one?

Yeah, I like this feature. It seems be new of version 0.8.

A small wish:
How about foobar remembers the last played file of EVERY playlist, instead of only CURRENT playlist at present. So when swiching to another playlist, it will start from the positon last time in that playlist. Of coz I mean remmeber it after foobar exit and restart.

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #53

well, no . in the old version, playback would continue in 'visible' playlist, no matter the 'follow cursor' setting (i may be wrong, haven't checked in a long time). plus double-clicking the statusbar wouldn't chnage 'visible' playlist when different from 'playing' playlist.
However, i noticed something playing around with the new menu-system: renaming the default menu-groups (i.e. foobar2000, playback, etc.) doesn't work(but maybe thats intended behaviour - but then, it shouldn't let one rename them in the first place)

yes, i think that's intended behaviour. i think that standard gui uses only predefined entries (that is, it would build menu with items 'foobar2000', 'playback', 'playlist' and  'components' and use submenus with these names from user's menu for it). on the other hand, alternative gui foo_tunes uses whole user's menu.

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #54
BTW, is there any one could rip the transparrent :B ico file (white one without background) of previous verion for me? I really miss that one.

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #55
is there any known issue with this beta that could prevent us from updating?

tia

OT:
for people with problems with university connection: maybe what's blocked it's the default port range that most bt clients use 6881-6999, try changing it to a small port range your un permits, like 7231-7232 and see if it helps, i think a small download like foobar will not bring any serious attention to you
BTW, why not add Shareaza (www.shareaza.com) in the list of BitTorrent clients? For me it is the best, and supports also eDonkey2000, GnuTella, ...
i think promoting p2p networks was never the intention of using bt on fb2k, besides they can't be adding every client out there to the list, it wouldn't make any sense, plus the clients listed there produce the least load on both tracker and seeds.
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #57
I love 0.8 but I miss foo_shuffle, it's not working anymore (as already mentioned). hope the author of that plugin has heard of the lack of compatibility already...

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #58
hm... I think eMule would also be a good P2P solution to use. It's better for long-term-sharing.

0.8 running stable and good *thumbsup*

And one question:
Whats that new logo? Looks like an mix between alien and rabbit.

[edit]
Just one more milestone before 1.1 ... 

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #59
Is it commented before? But could we have the new logo as the default icon of the associated filetypes too?
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #60
OT:
for people with problems with university connection: maybe what's blocked it's the default port range that most bt clients use 6881-6999, try changing it to a small port range your un permits, like 7231-7232 and see if it helps, i think a small download like foobar will not bring any serious attention to you

They don't block the ports but they monitor the number of connections and other behaviour. The come down like a tonne of bricks on anyone who is using (or appears to be using BT). I have been disconnected for downloading the linux distros available on the BT page.. They are unsympathetic to any suggestion of a legitimate use of this technology.

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #61
ed2k://|file|Foobar2000.v0.8.0beta1.exe|2056499|48ECD62A4CB8E25B99478A30236847F0|/

However, i cannot guarantee how often i'm online.

- Lyx

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #62
I thought foosion was referring to specific SDK changes and hoped he'd elaborate as the changelog (which I did read) doesn't specify much about the SDK.

Sorry, I was too tired yesterday (and I don't have the time now), but I'm thinking about creating a small "tutorial" plugin that shows how to make use of some of the new features. It possibly won't be all that useful for normal users though.
The features I want to show include:
  • menu_item and menu_manager classes
  • drag&drop
More about this later, I'll post a new topic when it's done.

Great, that will be helpful as I'm pretty sure the menu changes are going to break things in foo_looks and/or add more possibilities.

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #63
OT:

Most universities (if they're at all smart) use layer 7 packet filtering.  Their routers will examine the packet header and decide if its file sharing or not, and they will completely ignore the port number...

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #64
Hi

I am so happy with this new release. I think foobar2000 is great, good work!!!

I want to report something:

If I check "Show file info" in "context menu" (Playlist) I get something like this:

File size: 12 989 885 bytes

I think it should by something like this:

File size: 12.989.885 bytes

... No problems or crashes so far 

Byes

* Sorry for my english.
Yakusoku wa iranai.

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #65
They don't block the ports but they monitor the number of connections and other behaviour. The come down like a tonne of bricks on anyone who is using (or appears to be using BT). I have been disconnected for downloading the linux distros available on the BT page.. They are unsympathetic to any suggestion of a legitimate use of this technology.

So why don't you try Azureus for example, where you can limit the numbers of connections in and out.

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #66
If I check "Show file info" in "context menu" (Playlist) I get something like this:

File size: 12 989 885 bytes

I think it should by something like this:

File size: 12.989.885 bytes

Why do you think it should be displayed that way? All software I use display file size like foobar does...

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #67
Works fine except one bug:

Code: [Select]
ERROR (CORE) : "Shuffle" needs to be updated to 0.8 SDK or newer in order to function.

I don`t know if shuffle is shipped with standard package or developed by someone else, so don`t flame me. I`ve installed special version.

PS. ":B" icon was a lot better.
"The brightest flame burns quickest..."

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #68

ERROR (CORE) : "Shuffle" needs to be updated to 0.8 SDK or newer in order to function.

I don`t know if shuffle is shipped with standard package or developed by someone else, so don`t flame me. I`ve installed special version.

It was discussed in this thread.

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #69
it seems some don't like the new item...i love it 

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #70

i won't flame you, but give you a little hint: look at the beginning of this thread.

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #71
Wow, just want to thank Peter for his development. The new beta is great!

I really like the new system try icons, it would be great that we have that icons available for a shortcut too (program icon).

Averything works for me, fast and stable, thanks again!

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #72
Big fan of the new version and the icons are very cool.  My only complaint is that I miss foo_shuffle (just waiting for author to update to new SDK).

Quick question, is it possible to assign shortcut keys to the functions in the right-click menu of a playlist tab?  Like, Save Playlist, Move Left, Create New Playlist, etc.  I probably just missed it when looking through the options (the possible actions for shortcut keys is a bit intimidating).

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #73
Quick question, is it possible to assign shortcut keys to the functions in the right-click menu of a playlist tab? Like, Save Playlist, Move Left, Create New Playlist, etc.?

yes, thats possible (except the "move left" i think)

foobar2000 v0.8 beta

Reply #74
god, anyone would think the icons are the most important thing about the program.

right, because everything else is great, i'd like to talk about the icons.. eek, they're a bit geeky! /me hopes they're a beta only thingy?