Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Moving media library (Read 2435 times) previous topic - next topic

Moving media library

Hi,

I'm about to move my songs from c:\music to d:\music. Since I have one flac per album, alot of important information is in Foobar2000's database. If I move the files from Window's Explorer, is the data in the database sustained? Or do I have to make the move from within Foobar2000? If, how do I do that?

//Anders

Moving media library

Reply #1
from what i've seen, there are functions in sdk to point database metadata to new file ...

however i'm not aware of any pluging that could do what you need

Moving media library

Reply #2
You can use Masstagger's Rename Files option to move them around and keep the information in the database

Moving media library

Reply #3
You can use Masstagger's Rename Files option to move them around and keep the information in the database

Can this be done even for flac-files containing whole albums? I try, but it doesn't seem to work...

Moving media library

Reply #4
Try using %_path% or %_filename% in your renanming strings.