Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Conversion Tagging (Read 2930 times) previous topic - next topic

Conversion Tagging

Hi,

I am just starting out with foobar and have spent quite a while searching for this but I cannot find the answer:

When converting a file (AAC as an example) how do you get it to name the files with the tags that freedb picked up when the cd is put in? 

Thanks

Conversion Tagging

Reply #1
So you can't tag songs while ripping from cd?

Conversion Tagging

Reply #2
Go to "Preferences->Components->Diskwriter", customize the "Output file name formatting" to your liking.

Conversion Tagging

Reply #3
It is not recommended to use foobar2000 for ripping. It doesn't use any error correction, so you're going to be much better off with EAC.

However, the tags should be preserved during transcoding (in this case, from a CD).

Which component and what settings are you using to encode the files?

Conversion Tagging

Reply #4
I am trying to use FAAC to convert from cd's with pretty much default settings.  I am trying to create .AAC files