Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 Ram usage (Read 2453 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 Ram usage

i just started knotessing that foobar is using heaps of ram now..
mine never drops below 10mb these days..
when i started using it awhile ago it woould rarely go over 3mb. and that why i liked it.. low ram usage and great sound..

the sound is still there but the ram usage isnt..
i did a very minimal install just to see if i had to much stuff loaded in (was running @ 30mb usage) that got it down to 10-12mb but thats still heaps..

is it just me?

Foobar2000 Ram usage

Reply #1
If you wanna cut down on ram usage, do a complete uninstall and reinstall with just the plugins you use, i get just over 4kbs with foolooks among other plugins. So yes it is just you, but a reinstall might help. Maybe you are using a plugin with a memory leak?

Foobar2000 Ram usage

Reply #2
after the start foobar takes 4MB ram here, when i click then on like for exmaplle 10 files in 5 playlists it takes 10MB and doesn't go below it unless i restart it

Foobar2000 Ram usage

Reply #3
10 files in 5 playlists it takes 10MB and doesn't go below it unless i restart it

Not even when minimized to tray? The RAM usage is weird sometimes, granted, but mine seems to drop a lot when minimized to tray and restored;

Startup: 8 Mb, 5 Mb VM
Tray: ~800 kb, 5Mb VM
Restored: ~2 Mb, 5 Mb VM