Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP4 Tagging and Winamp (Read 1685 times) previous topic - next topic

MP4 Tagging and Winamp

I've searached the forums and haven't found any information directly relating to this question, so hopefully I'm not rehashing any old topics.

I was wondering if anyone has used richard's modified tag.exe program with EAC to successfully tag mp4 files that can be read in Winamp (I've used tg.exe but those tags are not recognized by Winamp -- I think because it uses the "itunes method"?)

In any event, the only solution I've come up with so far (which is certainly not the ideal solution) is to rip my CD's to a "Album Title - Year\Track - Artist - Title" filename, move the tag.exe file into that folder, and then run tag.exe --auto *.m4a to properly tag them so that Winamp can read the tags.  Is there a "better" way to do this, possibly on the fly after EAC finishes ripping the tracks?  This would also make it easier to include genre and comment tags as well as they cannot easily be put into a filename. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks!
I just discovered Opus. Holy mackerel!