Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: %lasttrack% seems not work (Read 7364 times) previous topic - next topic

%lasttrack% seems not work

I use 0.76.
I found %lasttrack% seems not work.
No song will be reported as a last track.

I noticed this field doesn't show on the document.
Is something else defined to replace this field?

Reply #1
Reported as in your playlist display?

Reply #2

There's no such field unless you set it manually (or some plugin, that is actually able to tell which track  is the last one, set it for you).

Reply #3
I found it in "dynamic" playlist string written by upNorth.
here

It just appears somewhere without setting value so causes some problem.
I think we can forget it since it is not a formal tag.

Thank for your answer~~

Reply #4

There's no such field unless you set it manually (or some plugin, that is actually able to tell which track  is the last one, set it for you).

Does such a plugin exist already?
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Reply #5
LASTTRACK is a tag which is meant to be defined, perhaps as "1" though it doesn't really matter, in the last track of each album, so the formatting code can alter the line art a little bit. Really, it's purpose is only cosmetic.

Reply #6

Does such a plugin exist already?

I am aware only of my own foo_freedb which is able to set LASTTRACK=1 while tagging tracks.

Reply #7
i'm working on lua script for foo_lua, called mazy-tag-guesser.lua, which can do much more than this . it's working quite well right now, i have to fix some things and test it

my main focus is on making it do some adanced stuff over my collection of scene releases. it works on file and album basis, detecting albums as directories (it supports cd 1 etc. subfolders).

it doesn't support unicode yet + it's best for scene releases.

man i love foo_lua

Reply #8
ok, check this screenshot.

it's quick hack of my formatting string to test my script.

do you see the line with bitrate etc? the bitrate is real album average bitrate, and it can even indicate various bitrate for album. the length is total album length. every file in album knows album track number (global album track number, spans over multiple cds), number of discs, active disc etc.

all of this is calculated / automatic.

track detection is quite powerful right now.

i can do stuff like check whether commen or artist tag varies in the whole album or not. that's important for mode detection (various artists / single artist) and many other things.

see the 'cue ref' warning? that means that there's cue file in the playlist along with the mp3. i'm waiting for foosion to extend his foo_lua so i could delete that item from playlist.

you may give me some requests / thoughts about it ...

Reply #9
mazy: Can you share your lua script with some comments how to use it ? Does it work dynamically like playlist formatting or you have to run it sometimes to get all that info you have on your screenshot ?

Reply #10
plisk - it's still too soon to release it. i'm spending christmas with my parents right now, using only my brother's computer - and he sort of doesn't like his older brother to occupy it all the time

i should be able to release test version in week or two, i'm waiting for foosion to get online to discuss some issues. foo_lua status is 'not being developed' and 'not supported', it hasn't been publically released (though it's available), so we should wait for foosion ...

as it is now, you have to run it on playlist from time to time, more details to follow.

i pray for foosion to start developing it again so it could get started when specific foobar's events occur etc.

that would be great, hehe ... btw i'm planning few other scripts ... you see, i love foobar and programming etc, but i haven't been using c++ in ages plus i don't have it installed, so writing real foobar plugins is no option for me.

i can't do anything with foo_lua but i can do enough

this is from beginning of it:
Code: [Select]
--[[
mazy-tag_guesser.lua

Use with foobar2000+foo_lua (made by foosion).
Runs over selected items in playlist, select whole albums.
  (i.e. it's ok to select multiple albums, just select all tracks from every album)

Type: main menu command

** mazy's tag guesser, for use with mazy's formatting string **

send / post suggestions, requests, modifications, bug reports etc. to
  mazy -at- centrum.cz (start subject with 'mazy's tag guesser: ', thanks)
  or
  hydrogenaudio.org forums

i would be glad to hear from you.

-- mazy

TODO:
- strip out 'a1' and similar vinyl tracknumbers or normal tracknumbers out of title
     (for example from 'a1-guardian angel')
- mode detection
- 'va' etc. artist detection (not only when doing filename detection)

my notes for me:
  -  support TRACKRATING  in formatting string. plus alb_rating for album rating

]]

-----------------------------

mtg_version = "Mazy's Tag Guesser, version 0.01, 26-12-2003"

-- options

debug = false
debug_reload_info = false -- reloads info from files (nukes database record)
version_reload_info = true -- reloads info in case that we are running newer version of mtg
skip_processed_files = false -- skips files processed with newer or this version
-- >> this could lead to some problems, should i do that?

artist_title_corrections = true
minimal_artist_title_length = 4 -- minimal length of both artist and title when separating them, applies only to 'divide_title_less_strict'
va_album_title_corrections = true

artist_title_guessing_from_filename = true
artist_title_guessing_start = 1 -- 1 - artist OR title is missing, 2 - both artist AND title is missing
artist_title_guessing_not_valid_test = true -- extended test for invalid artist / title

same_artist_title_corrections = true
same_artist_title_corrections_threshold = 90/100
  -- ASK: i can't get numbers with decimal part (like 0.5) to work: ERROR malformed number near `0.1'  
  -- >> RESULT: lua takes into account regional system locale, so on czech systems, decimal separator is usually ','
  -- numbers in 0.0 - 1.0: 0.5 means at least 50% of files have to succeed separation
  -- integers > 1: 5 means at least 5 files have to succeed separation

group_detection_from_filename = true
groups_processing = true -- additional groups processing using 'mtg-groups.txt' etc.

save_legacy_tags = true -- enables saving additional tags like 'lasttrack', which aren't really needed considering the new tags;)

-- additional things that could be done directly in foobar etc.
replace_underscores = true
capitalize = true
capitalize_threshold = 100/100 -- when at least 'capitalize_threshold' characters out of all letters are capitals, capitalize whithout keeping capitals

script_dir = "C:\\SEC\\Audio\\foobar2000 latest\\components\\_lua stuff\\scripts\\my\\"

Reply #11
Yeah, it would be great if foo_lua could run scripts on files load or on startup so info collection can be done automatically, or maybe even replace build in playlist formatting. But you are right, what we have is better than nothing.  Anyway, looking forward to your script.
By the way, looks that many of features are exists in dynamic's formatting(i'm using it with some modifications). But its obvious that would be really great to bring some more details about album like total playing time, real average bitrate and so on, those are that should be calculated. I guess after calculating you are writing them to db and then just displaying in formatting from tags, right ?

Reply #12
yep, you're guessing right ...

as for upnorth's formatting string ... well my own formatting string does more that upnorth's in some areas ... like disc / tracknumber guessing etc, but TAGZ formatting strings are limited, not really easy to read / manage over time etc.

plus all this code takes some time to process ...

some of these features are possible in TAGZ, although for example mtg's capitalization is more powerful (see here).

i haven't been satisfied with some stuff and it was obvious to me that i either had to request a plugin or write my own, as there are things you simply can't do on 1-file/line-at-time basis.

you can post your own requests for features ... for example i could add formatted 'previous song' etc, if that would be of any use

Reply #13
About more features i think lets see your script release, after that its will be easier to propose something and maybe not just ideas but even patches . I already ready to get my hands on lua language .

Reply #15
yeah, i'd like to. hope it will not delete all my music .