Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plugin Suggestion: Rate songs (Read 7240 times) previous topic - next topic

Plugin Suggestion: Rate songs

I tried MilkDrop (with added templates) for fun and as there are a billion different views, it's possible to rate them 0-5.

Is there, or does anyone have interest in making a similar plugin for foobar?

Song is playing, you press keycombo and rate the song either 1-5 or maybe 1-10.
For quick editing, maybe also possible to select a bunch of tracks in the playlist and then rate them in one go.

When playing, songs with higher rating will have bigger chance of getting selected. Crappy songs are almost out of luck 

Then there could also be added settings as 'only play songs with rating +5', etc.

Anyways, just an idea. Hopefully someone has or will pick it up. At least i can imagine it would give my listening experience a (small) extra dimension

Reply #1
Thought-provoking question:
Why would you have crappy songs on your computer in the first place anyway?

As for real, concrete answers, you have to wait for more experienced users to happen onto this thread.

Reply #2
Because I almost exclusively have full albums on my computer. I don't want to delete the songs that are bad
With something like the foo_rate, it would be convenient to listen to full albums, but also listen to 'good songs'

Reply #3
do a forum search

edit: forget it - i tried to find the thread i was thinking about..... i even remember part of the topic-title...... no results. The HA-search feature definatelly needs some work - happens regulary to me that i cannot fint what i'm looking for even if i exactly remember parts of the thread and topic
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #4
It can be done using custom tag ('trackrating') with values 1-5 .
(you can even do search for 5 stars rating songs) ...

Reply #5
Wow thats very nice. Is that a windows xp theme where can I get ?  which display strings are you using? And are you using the osd plugin for that text on the upper left ?

Reply #6
Theme is GUiPod , get it  HERE.
Formatting string is mine and nowplaying is Samurize config
(using text writer plugin  - foo_txt.dll )

Reply #7
i am new to samurize.. i only install it just a moment ago.. where i can find a foobar script?

Reply #8
There is no good foobar script for Samurize. Just use foo_text and set Samurize to read the file

Reply #9
Althalus, I suggested something similar (only more intelligent  ) a few days ago here - nice to see that more people than just me like this (or ~this  ) idea. Perhaps sooner or later one of plugin developers also'll like it. And if not...well, my present programming skills aren't enough, but give me a few months  . I just HAVE TO have this thing in foobar! 
It's just that it could be with us sooner if done by somebody else...

@crni, very nice theme, could I ask you what are you using for taskbar?...because I'm not shure if all up there is just visuals (with rather normal win functions) or few neat, new things 

Reply #10

screenshot

Damn, what a display strings! Can you please share it with us? 
minka niau!

Reply #11

screenshot

Damn, what a display strings! Can you please share it with us? 

@crni: Have you considered adding it to the foobar2000 formatting strings web site? Looks like a formatting people in this thread might find useful, and others too

Btw: Those stars used to show the rating, are they just normal asterisks '*'? It might be the size of the font and the font itself, but I think they just looks better than mine...

For people that wants to rate their tracks:
Some time ago I improved the support for rating tracks in my "dynamic" formatting (using a trackrating tag). Combined with scripts in masstagger and foo_shuffle by kode54 it works ok. A foo_rate plugin would be very welcomed though.

Reply #12
Damn! That desktop looks wonderful.
I might give Samurize a try.

@upNorth: Thank you very much for the code, it worked wonderfully 
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #13
@crni, very nice theme, could I ask you what are you using for taskbar?...because I'm not shure if all up there is just visuals (with rather normal win functions) or few neat, new things 

I'm curious about this too. I downloaded the theme and looks good but it's not the same  as your desktop. 

Reply #14
Tnx all ,
I'm not sure that I'm allowed to share format strings with you cause I used
some code from others ?

Stars are normal asteriks on Lucida Console,
and as for display you are  looking at ObjectBar from www.stardock.com
with mine GUiPod theme.

Reply #15
I wouldn't imagne the people who wrote the original formatting strings mind as long as you mention there name etc.

Very nice format string btw

P.s. And also i wouldn't mind seing the code for the on-screen display you are using. I assume that is what you are using in the top left corner.

Saint
"If you cannot read this, please ask the flight attendant for assistance."
- United Airlines Flight Safety Brochure

Reply #16
I wouldn't imagne the people who wrote the original formatting strings mind as long as you mention there name etc.

Very nice format string btw

P.s. And also i wouldn't mind seing the code for the on-screen display you are using. I assume that is what you are using in the top left corner.

Saint

tnx
I'll upload string on formatting string site.
I'm not using OSD display plugin ,
I'm using foo_txt.dll for creating txt file to
display with Samurize (nowplayin and skin with progresbar)
Check it HERE .

This is the code if you find it usefull:
Code: [Select]
//--------------------------------set vars----------------------------------
// Artist if 2 words - first word LOWER , second UPPER
$if($strchr(%artist%,' '),
$puts(ARTIST,$caps($left(%artist%,$strchr(%artist%,' ')))
$upper($right(%artist%,$sub($len(%artist%),$strchr(%artist%,' '))))),
$iflonger(%artist%,5,
$puts(ARTIST,$caps(%artist%)),
$puts(ARTIST,$upper(%artist%))))

$if(%title%,
$puts(TITLE,$caps( '' %title% '')),
%_filename%)

$if(%title%,
$puts(TITLE2,$caps(%title%)),
%_filename%)

//---------------------------------artist 1--------------------------------------
$if(%artist%,$get(ARTIST),Unknown)
//---------------------------------next line------------------------------------
$char(13)$char(10)

//---------------------------------album 2--------------------------------------
$if(%album%,$upper(%album%),Unknown Album)  
['('%date%')'  ]#$num(%tracknumber%,1)
//---------------------------------next line------------------------------------
$char(13)$char(10)

//---------------------------title nowplaying 3--------------------------------
$if(%_ispaused%,Paused  $get(TITLE),Playing  $get(TITLE))
$char(13)$char(10)

//-------------------------------title skin 4-------------------------------------
$if(%_ispaused%,Paused : $num(%tracknumber%,1). $get(TITLE2),
Playing : $num(%tracknumber%,1). $get(TITLE2))
$char(13)$char(10)

//-----------------progresbar (use Windigns font) 5----------------------
$progress2(%_time_elapsed_seconds%, %_time_total_seconds%, 17,'g',' ')
$char(13)$char(10)

//----------------------------------rating 6------------------------------------
$if(%trackrating%,$repeat(˜,%trackrating%),
$char(13)$char(10)˜˜˜˜˜)

Reply #18
CRNI, thanx very much for your string. It's really awesome!!!
Sorry, for an offtopic, but I have a question relating to your display string. The problem is that an item while played is not displayed properly. I get "?" instead of bitrate in my playlist (I'm using your default display string for playlist w/o any changes). Do you know what might be the problem? 

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true /Robert Wilensky/

Reply #19
JahFarit - just a wild guess: i think it's trying to do 'realtime bitrate display' for vbr files, but you have it disabled / using foobar version that does not support it. look at preferences -> playback -> imput -> standard imputs -> vbr bitrate display

Reply #20
Nope, it's not that. It does pretty much the same with files w/CBR
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true /Robert Wilensky/

Reply #21
I don't get it 
Others songs seems unaffected, whats so special with that one ???
Nothing like that ever happened to me, try loading some other
formatting string and see whats happening...

Reply #22
it's because of this string:
$if(%__bitrate%,
$if(%_isplaying%,
$puts(BITRATE,$get(green)$pad_right(%__bitrate_dynamic%,3)),
$puts(BITRATE,$get(green)$pad_right(%__bitrate%,3))),
Audio CD)

it uses %__bitrate_dynamic% for currently playing songs regardless of whether or not it exists (examples in which it doesn't are FLAC and APE files; dunno about MPC)

try replacing it with
$if(%__bitrate%,
$if(%_isplaying%,$if(%__bitrate_dynamic%,
$puts(BITRATE,$get(green)$pad_right(%__bitrate_dynamic%,3)),
Audio CD)

good luck
f to c to f to c

Reply #23
Now everything's great!  Thanx all!
I can fully enjoy the string, together with QuickTag they make a good couple