Skip to main content
Topic: A couple of quick questions. (Read 3352 times) previous topic - next topic

A couple of quick questions.

Hi guys,

Q1 - Is the spectrum data size always 256 samples, or does it change quite often... how big/small can it get?

Q2 - What SDK examples should i be looking at for info on how to control play functions (start/stop/next-track/etc) and also current status (current track name, track length, position, etc).

Thanks

Reply #1
Q1 - Is the spectrum data size always 256 samples, or does it change quite often... how big/small can it get?

Currently yes AFAIK, but you should not rely on that.

Q2 - What SDK examples should i be looking at for info on how to control play functions (start/stop/next-track/etc) and also current status (current track name, track length, position, etc).

Look at classes play_control, metadb_handle, file_info. Depending on what you want to do, playlist_oper could be useful as well.

Reply #2
Thanks.

Reply #3
Another question...

Is there a function i can use in my DLL that will be called when FB2K starts and shuts down?

Thanks.

Reply #4
Yes i need that to because in  a plugin y open a window which the parrent is not foobar an when i close foobar i got the error 1 metdb_handle leaks

Reply #5
Is there a function i can use in my DLL that will be called when FB2K starts and shuts down?

Use the initquit service. Create a subclass of either initquit or initquit_autoreg (the latter brings its own service factory), or use initquit_simple.

Reply #6
That did it, thanks again foosion.

Reply #7
And again....

How do i use "string_base" ?

I want to get the meta data of the current track given by "on_playback_time" using "track->handle_query_meta_field"

I cant work out what im meant to use as the 3rd parameter.

Even tho i havnt got it working yet, "on_playback_time" comments say its called every second, is there any way to speed this up?
I would be looking for faster than 40mS.

Reply #8
How do i use "string_base" ?

I want to get the meta data of the current track given by "on_playback_time" using "track->handle_query_meta_field"

I cant work out what im meant to use as the 3rd parameter.

Look at the SDK (pfc/string.h):
string_base is an abtract base class, its subclass string8 implements all the abstract methods.
Example:
Code: [Select]
string8 value;
track->handle_query_meta_field(name, 0, value);

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019