Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg Header chunks ??? (Read 3381 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg Header chunks ???

Hi everyone!
Im a bit confused about the ogg header.. is it possible to retrive the size of the ogg file by looking at the header.. (chunk size).

Anyone know anything about this ?.

How does ov_raw_total get its values ?.

Regards Starman

Ogg Header chunks ???

Reply #1
ov_raw_total get's it values virtually by analyzing data that is within a set of Ogg Logical Bitstreams or Physical Bitstreams that are seekable for a total compressed length, in order to achieve this I may also be wrong, but it looks as if the total page size calculated from the segment_table within the header parameter packets that contain all of the packet lacing values, as well as the rest of the segments that follow immediatly after the header.  I could also be wrong to, at which point I wouldn't mind any feedback.
budding I.T professional