Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Official logo competition! (Read 57617 times) previous topic - next topic

Official logo competition!

Reply #50

I like the way the site's name is on this one.  I relly think the two words should somehow be seperated, a colon or maybe the pipe "|"

Reply #51
hydrogenaudio doesn't really work as a word! I think the two seperate sound better.

I defined this a bit:
Logo text: Hydrogenaudio , hydrogenaudio or HYDROGENAUDIO (not Hydrogen Audio). This is because we want to stabilize higher search engine relevance in the name, and define the exact form how the site should be called.

Dibrom thinks that using HydrogenAudio still leads to confusion where people write the name separately and thus decrease search engine relevance.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #52
The image is perhaps a bit too tall though, especially for people running lower resolutions.  Might have to get rid of the bottom reflection thing or figure out something else for that to make it fit better.

Unfortunately, the bottom reflection gives most of the illusion of the top part being "shiny" (to my eyes).  Without it, I think it will look like flat colors.

Reply #53
I think there's a problem with armeck's logo.

IE doesn't support the alpha channel, so everything is rendered against a gray background. 

Also I think the logo should be a 256 colours image, because an alpha blended 24bit PNG takes a hell more bandwidth/time for 56k users.

Nevertheless, Great work!!

The final logo doesn't have to be PNG, it can be JPG as well. Only the submissions should be PNG. I wouldn't go for 256 colors at least at this point, and if there's a need for the final logo for 256 colors, we can do that ourselves.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #54

The image is perhaps a bit too tall though, especially for people running lower resolutions.  Might have to get rid of the bottom reflection thing or figure out something else for that to make it fit better.

Unfortunately, the bottom reflection gives most of the illusion of the top part being "shiny" (to my eyes).  Without it, I think it will look like flat colors.

Let's see:

No reflection and shrinkified

Reply #55

Let's see:

No reflection and shrinkified

You reduced colors? Please don't do that at this point.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #56
Better?

only the "wave fog" shouldn't affect the hydrogenaudio characters ...

Reply #57
Armeck,

Change those headphones for Sennheiser's and you'll get mega mega bonus points.

Happy Da!

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Reply #58
I only reduced because I thought some were compalining about files sizes.  I will post in pure, unoptimized PNG from now on.

Reply #59
Armeck,

Change those headphones for Sennheiser's and you'll get mega mega bonus points.

Happy Da!

Ruairi

Which one's?  Found (stole!) a couple of images on Google.

Reply #60
I only reduced because I thought some were compalining about files sizes.  I will post in pure, unoptimized PNG from now on.

Well.. only listen HA staff regarding technical issues like this..
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #61
Sennheiser's

Does that make it cooler?  B)

Reply #62
My attempt as non-graphician:

Reply #63
I like the Sonys better actually....
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Reply #64
Sennheiser's

not for me ... also ... can the "wave fog" not affect the hydrogenaudio characters ...

Reply #65
Sennheiser's

like the HD600 in the original logo. The previous ones you used look better than this.

Menno

Reply #66
Here's one...

Check it.

I would love any feedback, and am willing to alter to suit.

Dave

Reply #67
Armeck,

1,000,000 Points for using Sennheiser

3UP for responding quickly

but...

SORRY THE PRINCESS IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE

(use the sennheisers Menno suggested!)

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Reply #68
Sennheiser's

Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #69
Sennheiser's

not for me ... also ... can the "wave fog" not affect the hydrogenaudio characters ...

I personally don't think it will look as good if the reflection effect is moved behind the characters -- it'd kind of ruin the whole sort of shiny/3d effect.  Iff armeck wants to give it a shot though, he can.

Reply #70
I am looking for some 600's here it is with 580's

BAH.  The darn shadow and headphones don't line up, that's fixable though.

Reply #71
Sennheiser's

I personally don't think it will look as good if the reflection effect is moved behind the characters -- it'd kind of ruin the whole sort of shiny/3d effect.  Iff armeck wants to give it a shot though, he can.

I agree.  It's like the jewel on your computer, the text is inside the piece and a couple layers of clear sealant over it, the reflection would efinately be over the text.

Reply #72
I am looking for some 600's here it is with 580's

BAH.  The darn shadow and headphones don't line up, that's fixable though.

still prefer sony's one ... (would like to see it with the white "wave fog" behind the hydrogenaudio characters  )

Reply #73
I gotta go for a bit.  Will check back later to see what's up.

Reply #74
I agree.  It's like the jewel on your computer, the text is inside the piece and a couple layers of clear sealant over it, the reflection would efinately be over the text.

for me is totally "distracting, it's like you can't read them well, past the g ... also, if the chars are on top, it should look more 3d ...