Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Official logo competition! (Read 57613 times) previous topic - next topic

Official logo competition!

Reply #400
BTW, I also think that "the audio technology enthusiat's resource" is a bit too wordy for a logo. I removed the "the" but would certainly prefer something like "audio technology resource". People will figure the site out and whoever ends here pretty much knows what he's looking for.

Jaester

Reply #402
Comments and suggestions for improvement are encouraged and appreciatted.

Please look at the attached image for an idea to (maybe) improve it. It's too bad that my cg skills are nonexistent

Reply #403
Well, I think that the "the" should be added else you read "Hydrogenaudio audio technology enthusiast's resource" (audio audio).

Hum...that's true. Maybe "the audio technology resource" would suffice.

Jaester

Reply #404
have a look at my last creation

somewhere around here: My Webpage
I love the moderators.

Reply #405
I am just a normal person trying to live a normal life.

Reply #406

Sorry i dont like it

the backgroudn does not go fluid with the background of the forum. os it looks like a box next to the forum rather then being a part of the forum.

if you understand what i I'm trying to say
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #407

Sorry i dont like it

the backgroudn does not go fluid with the background of the forum. os it looks like a box next to the forum rather then being a part of the forum.

if you understand what i I'm trying to say

The Decision doesn't lies with you. So, I would appreciate it if you keep the comment to yourself.

I am just submitting it to HA not you.

if you understand what I am trying to say.

Reply #408
I think a month might have been a bit long for this competition... logo submissions seem to have dragged to a screeching halt (or at least a crawl).

Reply #409
The Decision doesn't lies with you. So, I would appreciate it if you keep the comment to yourself.

Why the hostility? I think he has a point there. A white background works better as it makes the transition seamless, meaning you don't see where the picture ends.

Reply #410

Why the hostility? I think he has a point there. A white background works better as it makes the transition seamless, meaning you don't see where the picture ends.

ok, sorry about that. 

Reply #411
These are my favourites:

1.)

edit: (w00t) wow, the logos are rotating from now! I like it.

Reply #412
edit: (w00t) wow, the logos are rotating from now! I like it.

No, they're just testing a few out. I thought they were rotating as well, and nearly turned off images.
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

Reply #413
Get rid of the "Audio Technology" part so it just reads.

The Enthusiast's Resource

Plain and simple

Reply #414
The Digital Audio Resource...
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Reply #415
The chosen logo is good, no doubt, but there's no way it's the best after sifting through that pile of HA logos. Shame.

Reply #416
The chosen logo is good, no doubt, but there's no way it's the best after sifting through that pile of HA logos. Shame.

Nothing is chosen yet.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #417
Get rid of the "Audio Technology" part so it just reads.
The Enthusiast's Resource
Plain and simple

I'm all for keeping the full "the audio enthusiast's resource". either that, or one might have to think of a new one.
cause:
only 'enthusiast's resource': uhm, enthusiast's of what kind? if I'm enthusiastic about, welll... anything, then this is the place for me? nope.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #418
-edit by moderation-

There's my first attempt.

Ruairi

Huh? Misleading... Ruairi's first attempt now looks like the actual chosen logo...

Reply #419
Huh? Misleading... Ruairi's first attempt now looks like the actual chosen logo...

Yeah, he just linked to the title image. Loads of foresight there, when the topic of the thread is about changing said image.

Just joking around, as always, of course.

Reply #420
The chosen logo is good, no doubt, but there's no way it's the best after sifting through that pile of HA logos.

There are many excellent logos, each with technical and artistic detail far superior to the one the administration decided to use. But none of them complements the design of the site as well as this simple logo does. As for the symbolism of the logo, well, that is entirely up to the administration to decide.

Reply #421
1st of all, I must congratulate H.A. for their new logo, and all the participants for the very high quality of the competition. A lot of effort and talent has been shown here.

Unforatunately only one can win and a bunch of high quality logo suggestions are lost in the cyberspace. But here is another chance for you.

I am a working on a new site project which will hopefully be launched Q1/2004. The site will deal with dvd-r/cd-r/audio/video issues and will replace the current CD-RW.ORG website.

Since here is such a high density of skilled graphics designers, I decided to announce this here too. Anyone who is interested in a second chance of getting his artwork online on a high traffic website, please contact me with a PM.