Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Official logo competition! (Read 57614 times) previous topic - next topic

Official logo competition!

Reply #25
i like it ... simple .. but nice

Reply #26

^^ Just a joke, dedicated to Peter and #foobar2000.

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Reply #27

Reply #28
Hello everyone, brand new to the forum!  Here are my attempts hope you like them.

First one:

Reply #29
Number 2:

Reply #30
WOW!

Reply #31
Lets have feedback!!!

If y'all like that super plastic stylee, let me know. I can rox, and aint nothing quite like a Logo battle!

MC Ruairi

Reply #32
So far, my favorites (in no particular order) are:

Ruari's #4 (though I'm not particularly sure about that specific color scheme)
Ruari's #5
Armeck's #1

Reply #33
I say google, you say "STEAL".

Google!

Steal!

Ruairi

Reply #34
armeck: I really like those! but I think they're a bit too high for a logo... look at the current... it'll take too much space IMO.

Reply #35

Google!

Steal!

Ruairi

Ok, can I not use the image?  I blurred out the brand name... what is the rule on that kind of usage? 

I ask, because I really don't know.

Anyway, calling someone a thief right off the bat is no way to make friends.  Unless of course you were just kidding around, it's hard to read context into wrtitten words, huh?

Well I will work on soemthing without using images from the net, mmmkay?

Reply #36
Ok, I see turntable.com copyright on those haeadphones... I will remove them.

Reply #37

Google!

Steal!

Ruairi

Ok, can I not use the image?  I blurred out the brand name... what is the rule on that kind of usage? 

I ask, because I really don't know.

Anyway, calling someone a thief right off the bat is no way to make friends.  Unless of course you were just kidding around, it's hard to read context into wrtitten words, huh?

Well I will work on soemthing without using images from the net, mmmkay?

Umm... well, I'm not exactly sure what Ruari meant either, but the current headphone image is not exactly original either...

There's no problem using images from the net IMO, if the logo is done well.

Reply #38
Armeck....

I was just kidding mate!  Your logo rocks btw

Sorry if I confused you guys.

Ruairi

Reply #39
Made in Portugal

Reply #40
I think there's a problem with armeck's logo.

IE doesn't support the alpha channel, so everything is rendered against a gray background. 

Also I think the logo should be a 256 colours image, because an alpha blended 24bit PNG takes a hell more bandwidth/time for 56k users.

Nevertheless, Great work!!
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Reply #41
I think there should be headphones in the logo - like there are now. Nice, decent headphones... for example those famous HD-580s

Regards, fileman.

Reply #42
Armeck....

I was just kidding mate!  Your logo rocks btw

Sorry if I confused you guys.

Ruairi

Cool.   

Soooo.. the big question is, do I need to get rid of the headphones or not?  If you look at that Goole search you can see right away that I am not hte only one who has reused that image.

So what do y'all think?

PS - Is it too tall?  I'll shrink it a bit...

Reply #43

Ahhh, the return of WordArt.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Reply #44
I think there's a problem with armeck's logo.

IE doesn't support the alpha channel, so everything is rendered against a gray background. 

Also I think the logo should be a 256 colours image, because an alpha blended 24bit PNG takes a hell more bandwidth/time for 56k users.

Nevertheless, Great work!!

I was under the impression (falesly I guess) that it had to be transparent.  Also, I have yet to optimize them... they end up only being about 15kb in size.  But you are correct IE does not render the trans of PNG correctly. 

In a perfect world we would all be using Firebird...

Reply #45
I could provide an image of my headphones... unique, self made with my digicam  tell me what you think. Background colour white?

There are pics on sennheiser.de, but I don't know if we should use them...

Reply #46
Better?

Reply #47
I like it!

Reply #48
@armeck

IE transparency isn't really a problem.  There's a sort of hack/technique available that allows IE to display PNG's with transparency, you just have to use some special filter.

So anyway, I wouldn't worry about that yet.

The headphones are fine IMO.

The image is perhaps a bit too tall though, especially for people running lower resolutions.  Might have to get rid of the bottom reflection thing or figure out something else for that to make it fit better.

Reply #49
bla........

....slightly different.

-ty1er