Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Official logo competition! (Read 57615 times) previous topic - next topic

Official logo competition!

Official Hydrogenaudio Logo competition

After some thinking that we'd need a new logo, we decided to arrange an official Hydrogenaudio logo competition, which starts now.
Winner will get umm, at least the glory,fame,marking to his/her member profile and his/her logo on top of HA.

Competition Specifications:
Logo text: Hydrogenaudio , hydrogenaudio or HYDROGENAUDIO (not Hydrogen Audio). This is because we want to stabilize higher search engine relevance in the name, and define the exact form how the site should be called.
Describing logo text: the audio technology enthusiast's resource.
Size: About the same size as the current logo.
Colors: Should be compliant with the current site colors.

Format of submissions: PNG. (Don't do color reductions at this point)

Link with [IMG]-tag here. In case you have no place to host the image, upload your work to upload forum (check if there's already a thread for this, no multiple threads please).

Competition ends at the end of this month.

Logo contestants so far:
http://rarewares.hydrogenaudio.org/logos/
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #1
Ooh, I'll see if I can design the new one also!

Karma points for anyone who has a cat in the logo, remember (just like using Ackbar on Fark  ).

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Reply #2
Karma points for anyone who has a cat in the logo, remember

Sorry guys, I've totally overread that and I already uploaded my attempt.  If you mods feel disturbed by it, please take the liberty to delete it.

But if you want to see it have a look here: [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=150137" target="_blank"][/a]
I love the moderators.

Reply #3
Well here's a revelation for you: I like dogs more than cats.   
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #4

Both not as good as I wanted them to be, but I hope I can fix that (especially the 2nd one.) The first one isn't a real difference to the logo we have.

One question about copyright:
I was too dumb to get a proper picture of a CD with my cam. So I took this here:

Is this a problem?

[edit]I seem to have missed to make the logo  transparent.... I'll fix this when I've got the time.[/edit]

Reply #5
I really like the 2. one. Perhaps a little too basic (very flat when only the hydrogenaudio was a 3. dimension) just now but a really good start IMO.

The 1. one has a little too much going on IMO and it's confusing to the eye which makes the text hard to catch just looking at it.
Also some of the anti foobar ppl might complain that you put it in the HA logo.

Reply #6

I definately like that one better. The first one seems too chaotic and thrown together.

I'm not too sure I like the font, though I can't say what I would suggest instead. But you're definately on the right track with this one URMEL (in my opinion).

[span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%']Edit: Grammar.[/span]

Reply #7
One question about copyright:
I was too dumb to get a proper picture of a CD with my cam. So I took this here:

Is this a problem?

You only used half the pic, and I really doubt anyone will be filing lawsuits anytime soon... 

P.S. I like #2 better as well.

Reply #8
Also some of the anti foobar ppl might complain that you put it in the HA logo.

I'm not anti-foobar at all (whatever people use, I don't care), but I don't think software screenshots or specific pieces of software has any business in the logo.

And since the foobar2000 forum is supposed to be seperate from the HydrogenAudio forum, foobar2000 shouldn't incorporated in the logo (again, IMHO).

Reply #9
-edit by moderation-

There's my first attempt.

Ruairi

Reply #10
And my second...

Ruairi

Reply #11

I definately like that one better. The first one seems to chaotic and thrown together.

I'm not too sure I like the font, though I can't say what I would suggest instead. But you're definately on the right track with this one URMEL (in my opinion).

Yeah, it's otherwise pretty good, but I don't like this "hand-writing" font so much either.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #12
And my second...

Ok, I should probably stop commenting, otherwise I need to comment everything. 
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #13

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Reply #14
And my second...

Ruairi

it is supposed to be Hydrogenaudio not "Hydrogen Audio"

Reply #15

first attempt

Reply #16
And my third...

Ruairi

Reply #17
hydrogenaudio doesn't really work as a word! I think the two seperate sound better.

Still, its up to our lord morbid to say.

Ruairi

Reply #18
Edit -- never mind, that's just too 'close to home'... 

Reply #19
I did this one for another logo thread we had a long long time ago.

I can't be arsed to make a proper logo (truth is I don't have the skills ) but it might serve as an inspiration to others.

The logo is made entirely with Coagula and Cool Edit filters.

Blue - Green - Red

Reply #20

Reply #21

Love it -- simple and sweet.

Reply #22

Since, HA's background is white, I think it's better to have a white background for the logo.  It fits in better.

I do like the simplicity though.  Beats some of the ideas I had (but can't construct).

Reply #23
I was thinking that the inverted look might stand out nicely. It'll be the first, most relevant thing a new visitor will look at.

Ruairi

Reply #24
No, we never sleep.

Number 5!

Ruairi