Skip to main content
Topic: KLF - unique? (Read 2471 times) previous topic - next topic

KLF - unique?

Hi,

one of the bands where i never found something similiar is KLF (ya know? "Last Train To Trancentral", "3am Eternal", etc.).

Some days ago, for the first time i was told, that they also released other albums, besides of "The White Room". Well, i wasn't all that impressed with their other albums... most of it was lots of recycling and nothing really new.... with one exception: The "Chill Out" Album from them. I simply do love it..... ambient mixed with 80's-pop synthies and some country and indian influences.

Again, i asked the same person who told me about these other albums "is there anything else like this out there"..... answer: "uff, thats difficult - i can't think of anything really similiar"

arghl....... so here i am - does anybody know of something similiar to KLF? I do know, that some tracks from Velvet Acid Christ do sound similiar, although darker.... anything else?

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

KLF - unique?

Reply #1
If you go to http://www.klf.de/whiteroom/whiteroom.php3 you can download a copy of The White Room Original Soundtrack which has some different versions and alternate tracks.

Several months ago, I came across a KLF fansite (that has since gone down) that had mp3s for download of literally every KLF and KLF-related track every recorded. I lost most of them in a hd crash, but I still have copies of Waiting and The Rites Of Mu (which is narrated by Martin Sheen) which are in a similar vein of Chill Out. You might like those.

Rob

KLF - unique?

Reply #2
If you go to http://www.klf.de/whiteroom/whiteroom.php3 you can download a copy of The White Room Original Soundtrack which has some different versions and alternate tracks.

Several months ago, I came across a KLF fansite (that has since gone down) that had mp3s for download of literally every KLF and KLF-related track every recorded. I lost most of them in a hd crash, but I still have copies of Waiting and The Rites Of Mu (which is narrated by Martin Sheen) which are in a similar vein of Chill Out. You might like those.

Rob

hey, thanks alot for the reply... i do know "waiting" and "the rites of mu" already (i didn't like waiting that much..... but the rites where quite nice, althouth IMHO not as nice as part 1 of the chill-out album)

I'm gonna take a look at the url :-) thanks. Do you remember the names of any klf-related other projects (except of blacksmoke corporation)?

- Lyx

EDIT: nevermind - the site you mentioned is VERY informative, when it comes to side-projects
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

KLF - unique?

Reply #3
Yeah. The discography there is very comprehensive and recently updated.

Space: Space (16 Jul 1990) is one of the other "ambient" types of recordings they've done.

Rob

KLF - unique?

Reply #4
You should check out Jimmy Cauty's new project -- it's called Blacksmoke, and it's probably his most coherent work since KLF and The Orb. I believe the website address is blacksmoke.org, and you can download MP3 samples there.

It's not very KLF-y, though. It sounds a lot like older Ministry, guitars on top of techno backing tracks, very political, very angry. Good stuff from an artist that hasn't otherwise released anything substantial in many, many years.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019