Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Same Lame command line, different program, different quality (Read 2858 times) previous topic - next topic

Same Lame command line, different program, different quality

Something I noticed.

I was ripping and encoding using Media Jukebox with the alt-preset extreme. Repeated tests have showned that the file output are very consistent in quality.

Then I switched to EAC using the same encoder. The file quality come out a little bit different (Examined with EncSpot).

What gives?

Reply #1
Did you use "User defined encoder" in EAC? Or do you have offset corrections in use? Maybe one of the programs is removing silence from files before encoding.

Reply #2
Yes, I am using an external LAME encoder and specificly the one that comes with Media Jukebox.

Reply #3
If you also use user defined encoder in Media Jukebox, only possibility for differences then is ripping. Make sure you use right read command for your drive in EAC, for IDE devices MMC will work. And disable offset corrections if it's enabled.