Skip to main content
Topic: New idea for playlist maybe (Read 2057 times) previous topic - next topic

New idea for playlist maybe

I think it would be much more useful to be able to load a list of playlists or groups or something.

Hear me out...

Different playlist types have different properties. I can think of 3 to start with.

1) Local playlist. Option to automatically update an m3u file when changing something around, like track order. (with undo's and redo's!)

2) Remote playlist file (net radio). Read only.

3) CD. Read only. Automatically updates when CD changes.

My idea for use would be like:

Start foobar, "default" playlist (perhaps renamed) Playlists menu -> Add playlist

Little dialog maybe, select type from dropdown (local, remote, CD) each with different options such as read-only, link to file, whatever.

Maybe even the CD playlist just pops up on the tab switchbar whenever theres a valid CD in any of the drives!

I THINK, from my little knowledge of how fb works, this would require a rework of the playlist system, as from what i've gathered the playlist is simply "changed" whenever a tab is selected. This sounds a bit daft to me but hey im no programmer.

If anyone would care to put forward any more ideas about a new playlist idea then gogogo!

Al

Reply #1
I THINK, from my little knowledge of how fb works, this would require a rework of the playlist system, as from what i've gathered the playlist is simply "changed" whenever a tab is selected. This sounds a bit daft to me but hey im no programmer.

if i remember right, you're correct here. fb2k technically doesn't (yet) support multiple playlists. The method how it works right now is the hack you described above.
But i -suppose- (i might be wrong) that this will change in the future, and fb2k will have real multiple-playlist support.

I don't think there should be different types of playlists. But a simple solution would be to add an option to the cd-input-plugin to "automatically add new files to playlist CD (Driveletter:)"

I agree that having "playlist-sets" would be cool. But maybe all this fancy stuff should wait for "real multiple playlist support" to be implemented, instead of building such options an something which is currently a "hack" ?!?

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #2
Yes, ok lets wait and see

Be nice soon though!

Also just found out that foobar has gapless CD playback! WOW!

Al

Reply #3
Also just found out that foobar has gapless CD playback! WOW!

Foobar2000.

My anti-gap.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019