Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC + Monkeys Audio DLL gives weird errors (Read 2935 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC + Monkeys Audio DLL gives weird errors

Hey,

Using EAC b3 w/ Monkey's DLL sometimes gives weird results & bitstream errors although EAC says the quality of the rip is 100%??? Also I have noticed that ripping to a WAV file is slower then directly to an APE file... Now that I find weird! If compression is going to equal acceleration, hell I'll compress everything I got

Any comments/suggestions?

BTW my drive is an AOpen 40x AKU (?) which uses Accurate stream but EAC tells me not to use C2, so I don't . I also enabled DMA in W2k for this drive, instead of pure PIO.
No inspiration

Reply #1
Originally posted by deej_1977
Hey,

Using EAC b3 w/ Monkey's DLL sometimes gives weird results & bitstream errors although EAC says the quality of the rip is 100%??? Also I have noticed that ripping to a WAV file is slower then directly to an APE file... Now that I find weird! If compression is going to equal acceleration, hell I'll compress everything I got

Any comments/suggestions?

BTW my drive is an AOpen 40x AKU (?) which uses Accurate stream but EAC tells me not to use C2, so I don't . I also enabled DMA in W2k for this drive, instead of pure PIO.

Do WAV files sound okay?  If so, maybe there's some miscommunication between EAC and the Monkey DLL, or the DLL is buggy.  If the DLL is getting flooded with data and silently discarding it, that would certainly make it seem to encode faster.    (It may also have something to do with the fact that compressing the stream on the fly means that much less data needs to be written to disk.  But who wants to hear a reasonable explanation?  )

Reply #2
Hey,

Using EAC b3 w/ Monkey's DLL sometimes gives weird results & bitstream errors ....

Did you notice the remark in the WhatsNew.txt with EAC 0.9b3 ?
"For Monkeys Audio DLL support, you need the most recent version of the DLL. There are again some changes in parameter passing..."

AFAIK the most recent Monkey version is (also) a beta.
--
GeSomeone
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #3
I just used the DLL supplied with the installer file from EAC... but the WAV files are 100% ok! very very weird. for now I'll just stick to ripping to WAV and compressing afterwards. It was just so useful to have EAC fill in all the tags for me...
No inspiration

Reply #4
It was just so useful to have EAC fill in all the tags for me...

I don't know how you tag your files now, but you could use Tag. It can fill in all the fields of tags from filename. If you're interested, check http://home.wanadoo.nl/~w.speek/tag.htm.