Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Does member accounts get deleted if not used? (Read 3354 times) previous topic - next topic

Does member accounts get deleted if not used?

I'm mostly just a reader on this forum, but AFAICR I created a member account here about a year ago. A couple of days ago I wanted to post a question, but my account seemed to be non-existant (so I created this one). My question is - do accounts get automatically deleted if user doesn't post anything for some period of time (or at all)? And can I delete my own account if I want to?

Reply #1
Accounts are not deleted and can only be deleted by admins.

You must have used wrong user/pass.

Reply #2
I think they get deleted after some time if you don't respond to validation email.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Well, more probably I never created an account here then.
Anyway, I did a mess - when I was creating an account 2 days ago, I picked the user name I always use in net, but provided one of my crappy email adresses and didn't get the verification email (so I can't post on that account). So I created another account (this one) and provided the email address which always works (and it worked as you can see). Now I'd like to delete this account (achlebek) and use the one I created first. But to use the one I created first, I'd have to change its email address to the one I'm using on this account (so I can get the verification email). The problem is that I can't bacuse you can't change the email address unless you fully activate your account with the verification email which I didn't get 
I guess I need to contact the admin so he will delete this account and change the email address in the 1st one. Or just delete both and I will create the one I want once again. Who's the person to contact?

Reply #4
I or Dib will handle this as soon as we get back home from the ibc2003. I hope you can wait a few days.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #5
Sure I can