Skip to main content
Topic: RSS Feeds (Read 1866 times) previous topic - next topic

RSS Feeds

I'm sorry to ask the question on a plain new topic, but I haven't seen it answered elsewhere and the search feature prevents me form searching "rss" as is too short for a being a valid search argument.
Will (or even better, does) HA have any rss feeds to watch the forums from newsaggregators such as amphetadesk?
Tks, Willy.-

RSS Feeds

Reply #1
I tried adding an RSS feed for RareWares once, and could find no decent feed creators or readers. There are lots of issues about backward and forward compatibilities (RSS v 0.90, 0.91, 1.0...)

I tried creating the RareWares feed from a template validated as compliant by the RSS validator. Amphetadesk refused to load it at all, saying it couldn't determine the format of the feed. Feed Reader loaded it but couldn't understand dates, so it was of no use to me - I wanted RW feeds to be sorted from newer to older.
If you want to check out my experience:
http://rarewares.hydrogenaudio.org/backend.xml

AFAIK, there's no ready-made RSS module for Invision Board. So, for the admins to come up with something like that here, it would require enormous amounts of modding and hacking. Not only that, upgrading to newer engine versions would be nightmarish.

Regards;

Roberto.

RSS Feeds

Reply #2
AFAIK, there's no ready-made RSS module for Invision Board. So, for the admins to come up with something like that here, it would require enormous amounts of modding and hacking. Not only that, upgrading to newer engine versions would be nightmarish.

We'll probably be moving the news system to Plone eventually, which has native syndication and RSS features.  Not sure when this will happen, but it's something to look forward to.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019