Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: M-Audio Revolution Driver Update (Read 4082 times) previous topic - next topic

M-Audio Revolution Driver Update

5.10.00.0041 Dated 08/29 is available here: http://www.midiman.net/support/drivers/Rev...22_web_WHQL.exe

Release Notes:

Microsoft WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) Signed Release Driver. This driver is only signed for Windows XP.
To update driver please uninstall existing driver and run this installer.

Not much of a changelog there, does anyone have any information on this release?

Addendum: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....656#post2612656 for some insider info which for some reason didn't make it to the list of changes :-\

Reply #1
And how to uninstall the existing driver?
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Reply #2
To uninstall the exixting driver in XP, just go to 'Add/Remove Programs' in Control Panel, and 'Revolution' is listed.

One thing this release has fixed is a skipping audio problem I was having with the digital output... B)

Reply #3
Is anyone else's "Enable Monitoring" option, in the "Input/Other" tab, grayed out? 

Reply #4
Nope, but what exactly is this option useful for?

Reply #5
1) damnit.
2) turning it on sends any audio that the card recieves through the line in or mic inputs directly to the headphones (or speakers) bypassing any 3rd party recording software line in/mic monitoring.

Reply #6
Ok. Thanks. 

Any ideas about switching formats using the digital output?

My problem is this: I open up a movie with AC3 sound, and so the card outputs a surround signal.B) However when I then close media player classic and try to play music, the card will still output a surround signal, and I'll get no sound. There's no option in the M-Audio control panel to switch back to PCM signal.
The only way I've found to switch back to normal stereo is to start the "test hardware" wizard in the sound applet of XP's control panel, or to simply restart my computer.
There must be an easier way to do this, and any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply #7
1) damnit.
2) turning it on sends any audio that the card recieves through the line in or mic inputs directly to the headphones (or speakers) bypassing any 3rd party recording software line in/mic monitoring.

You have to use the Revotask app to enable direct monitoring. Cannot do it from the panel anymore.

Reply #8
Yeah, I noticed that sometime last night.  So I was back to my old recording ways.  Thanks anyways.