Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC FAQ (Read 3904 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC FAQ

I just uploaded the beginnings of a FLAC FAQ to http://flac.sourceforge.net/faq.html.

I'm sure I forgot some things, so let me know if something common is missing.  Also, feel free to answer questions by linking to the FAQ; if you include the FAQ question in the anchor text it's even better as it will be picked up and ranked high by search engines, making it easier for people to find.

Hopefully this will reduce the number of redundant FLAC-related questions here and elsewhere.

Josh

FLAC FAQ

Reply #1
Very nice. I'm thinking of giving lossless a try so this is good timing.  Should be a big help for others like me new to FLAC.

FLAC FAQ

Reply #2
Should be a big help for others like me new to FLAC.

Especially the first question!   
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

FLAC FAQ

Reply #3
Should be a big help for others like me new to FLAC.

Especially the first question!   

Yeah, I watch too much "Simpsons".

Josh

FLAC FAQ

Reply #4
How about "Why/When use lossless compression?" and "What hardware support is available?" questions.

Great read, BTW

-Eugene
The  greatest  programming  project of all took six days;  on the seventh  day  the  programmer  rested.  We've been trying to debug the !@#$%&* thing ever since. Moral: design before you implement.

FLAC FAQ

Reply #5
Nice work. Good selection of links and very complete.

dev0
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.