Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Title Bar Button Issues with Foobar2000 (Read 643 times) previous topic - next topic

Title Bar Button Issues with Foobar2000

Good afternoon

Running Foobar2000 v2.1.5 x64 and v8.15.1 of Actual Window Manager (AWM) on Win10 v22H2.

When running Foobar2000 v2.1.5, AWM successfully shows extra title bar buttons (for my configuration, I have "move to monitor X", "Send to bottom", "Stay always on top", "Roll Up", and "Minimize to Tray") but the buttons are inaccessible (i.e., clicking the buttons does nothing, like the are not present). Moving the Foobar2000 window leaves an image of the extra title bar buttons on the desktop and minimizing Foobar2000 window still leaves an image of the extra title bar buttons on the desktop. Closing Foobar2000 does remove the image of the extra title bar buttons. Running Foobar2000 as admin has same effect.

I posted on AWM technical support forum and the moderators said this is an issue with Foobar2000.

What can be done to fix this bug so the additional titlebar buttons show up and work properly on Foobar2000?

Thanks!

Re: Title Bar Button Issues with Foobar2000

Reply #1
Can anyone please help?

Reply #2
Despite what the authors or support personnel of AWM software told, the issue is in their software. If they inject their own code into third party processes they should also make sure that their code works correctly.

It's not foobar's job to recognize third party software and provide special hacks for them.

Reply #3
Can anyone please help?
You could try another window manager.  Dexpot, for example, provides that kind of functionality using a right-click-on-title-bar menu.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #4
Despite what the authors or support personnel of AWM software told, the issue is in their software. If they inject their own code into third party processes they should also make sure that their code works correctly.

It's not foobar's job to recognize third party software and provide special hacks for them.

Thank you for the feedback. I notified AWM product/technical support staff on their forums page.

The support staff noted that, while the titlebar buttons don't work on DUI, they do with with CUI. Why would that be the case?