Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error: foobar2000_SDK.lib not a valid Win32 Application (Read 627 times) previous topic - next topic

Error: foobar2000_SDK.lib not a valid Win32 Application

I hope this is in the right place. I downloaded the Visual Studio 64X project files, extracted then, and built the system without errors. However, when I go to run it with or without the debugger I get the following error:

, Unable to start program
C:\..,\MyProjects\2000 Foo Bar\SDK\foobar2000\x64\Debug\Foobar2000_SDK.lib

C:\...\MyProjects\2000 Foo Bar\SDK\x64\Debug\Foobar2000_SDK.lib is not a valid Win32 application.

x64 is selected, and Build and Rebuild works without error but will not debug or run w/o debug.

How do I fix the error?

Thanks
Doug

Re: Error: foobar2000_SDK.lib not a valid Win32 Application

Reply #2
I tried it but no joy!  Shows at the top of the visual studio window "foobar2000_SDK.

Also cleaned the solution and did a rebuild.  Still no joy

Reply #3
There is nothing to fix. You have compiled the SDK, it does not produce a program you can run. If you create a component, install it in foobar2000 and run foobar2000.exe. If you want to debug it, configure debugging command to launch the foobar2000.exe you are using.

Reply #4
There is nothing to fix. You have compiled the SDK, it does not produce a program you can run.

I assumed they were compiling foo_sample and they'd already pointed the debugger at their fb2k instance and made sure the compiled dll was copied to the fb2k component folder properly. I guess I should have asked about that first. :P

Reply #5
Hi,
As I am rather new to something like this, I was wondering if there is any documentation that shows how to configure, add and use the SDJ components.   What I was looking for was how to change the color of the tabs for the playlists so it better shows which one is active when you have multiple playlists showing.

Thanks