Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Opus Audio Files For Recent Game Not Opening (Read 548 times) previous topic - next topic

Opus Audio Files For Recent Game Not Opening

Hi there. A recent game, Paper Mario TTYD Remake, has Opus files that can't be opened with foobar. By taking a look at a file in a hex editor, it appears to have an Opus header without a container. I think this was the case with Super Mario RPG when the hca files were extracted from the AWB. I've attached an example file. The game extraction contains only the opus files and no container (no AWB/ACB).

Re: Opus Audio Files For Recent Game Not Opening

Reply #1
I looked into this a bit further and foobar2000 will play raw Opus files if they're contained in an AWB file. So I made an AWB writer you can use to open the game audio. Here's the code repo on Github: https://github.com/HDPacks/AWB-Writer/releases

Re: Opus Audio Files For Recent Game Not Opening

Reply #3
Ask people who work on libvgmstream. Not a FB2K problem itself.