Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Songs in ALL albums streamed from media server are out of order. (Read 377 times) previous topic - next topic

Songs in ALL albums streamed from media server are out of order.

Hello,

I am experiencing this issue with FOOBAR 2000 and VLC, but I cannot find any helpful information on the internet so I figured I would start a thread here.  This occurs with all albums viewed on any IOS device over the network.  I am using the built in media sharing option on Windows 11.  Any help would be appreciated.
Reference Image (Google Drive)

Re: Songs in ALL albums streamed from media server are out of order.

Reply #1
Technically, they're not "out of order", they're in alphabetical as opposed to (your assumedly desired) tracknumber order.
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1

Reply #2
Do your files have tracknumber tags? Alternatively, you could use tracknumber as prefix in filename, e.g. "01 - Taxman.mp3"

Reply #3
Technically, they're not "out of order", they're in alphabetical as opposed to (your assumedly desired) tracknumber order.
Do your files have tracknumber tags? Alternatively, you could use tracknumber as prefix in filename, e.g. "01 - Taxman.mp3"
I am glad y'all brought these things up.  Yes, I realize they are alphabetical  ;D
And yes, I have the files named as your example as well as track metadata stored with dBpoweramp (a blessing of a software, no doubt)

Reply #4
I am glad y'all brought these things up.  Yes, I realize they are alphabetical  ;D
And yes, I have the files named as your example as well as track metadata stored with dBpoweramp (a blessing of a software, no doubt)
I haven't "upgraded" to Windows 11 yet, but in Windows 10 this behaviour is normal; it's a broken mess.
The free version of MinimServer will likely give you everything you need.

Reply #5
Ok, I should have seen the track numbers in your screen grab. Are you sure that you don't have "shuffle" enabled?