Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Trouble fully uninstalling FB2K mobile 1.41 (Android) (Read 403 times) previous topic - next topic

Trouble fully uninstalling FB2K mobile 1.41 (Android)

Hello HA members,

I had installed FB2K mobile 1 41 over an existing 1.31 (Android 13 device), and there was an issue with very choppy and stagnant scrolling on the file selection screen. After numerous attempts with clearing data and clearing cache and many reboots after uninstalling 1.41 and reinstalling 1.31, the stagnant scrolling still exists with the older 1.31 version. Very unexpected!

Most notable is the other symptom of the 1.41 application icon is not getting overwritten by the dark theme 1.31 icon, which 1.41 seems to only have a light theme icon in the application tray. I concluded that the uninstalling of 1 41 was not total (whether this is an issue with the OS or FB2K itself is not clear).

Note that no other applications have suddenly exhibited up/down scrolling choppiness.

Thanks and happy holidays!
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"

Re: Trouble fully uninstalling FB2K mobile 1.41 (Android)

Reply #1
Are you sure this isn't hardware related? I had a similar issue when the touch function on one of my previous smartphones slowly degraded in a certain screen area.

Re: Trouble fully uninstalling FB2K mobile 1.41 (Android)

Reply #2
I don't think so, but it might be. I'm looking in particular at:

The vertical scrolling in other applications is still consistent;

The FB2K application icon didn't revert to the dark icon after uninstalling/downgrading.

It occurred to me 1.41 had a different manner of displaying internal artwork which was slower than 1.31, but again, I can't reinstate all the prior version's behavior and icon.

Cheers.
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"