Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer (Read 109153 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer

Reply #800
Anyone have a zip full of presets?

Reply #801
By going to Common in the Artwork section and activating the "Show artwork on background" flag, if you do not have the panel active the artwork will not appear.

Reply #802
Hello, I have a small doubt regarding this gap when changing the window size... Any idea how to resolve this or why it's happening in the first place? I'm not blaming the plugin since this seemed to happen with other spectrum analyzer programs as well unless I change the note range and bands per octave to somewhat eliminate this gap. You can see when windowed there's a-lot of gap present at the beginning of the note compared to full-screen but I want to totally eliminate this gap.

Reply #803
Hello, I have a small doubt regarding this gap when changing the window size... Any idea how to resolve this or why it's happening in the first place? I'm not blaming the plugin since this seemed to happen with other spectrum analyzer programs as well unless I change the note range and bands per octave to somewhat eliminate this gap. You can see when windowed there's a-lot of gap present at the beginning of the note compared to full-screen but I want to totally eliminate this gap.
BTW, that start and end "gap" do exist in original foo_musical_spectrum when the horizontal screen resolution is not an integer factor of number of actual bands, which is absent in this CodePen project and even older version of this component

Reply #804
which is absent in this CodePen project and even older version of this component

Was there a reason to revert that change? As of now it looks odd to resize the window in such a way where all the bands are laid out without any gaps

Reply #805
which is absent in this CodePen project and even older version of this component

Was there a reason to revert that change? As of now it looks odd to resize the window in such a way where all the bands are laid out without any gaps
Yes, but if @pqyt were to revert this change, its current behavior when comes to resizing and how bars are laid out should be added as an opt-in feature, which can please some users of old foo_musical_spectrum that wants a 64-bit foobar2000 right?

Reply #806

Different opinions. I can't please everybody. There was a heavy push to get everything pixel-aligned. There is no such thing as half-a-pixel: if everything needs to be aligned and evenly spaced then the bars needs to have a width that is an integer and therefor the whole component width can not be used.

Reply #807
I removed the rounding code. All math is done in DIP not pixels. If you think about it: rounding the values before giving them to Direct2D prevents it from choosing the correct pixel when it's time to create the final picture.
225 DPI with 7 bars and gauge gap of 1 DIP renders correctly now AFAICT.
Good to know it now renders correctly. Can you point me to the version/beta of your plugin that renders correctly with different windows scaling?
Speaking of pixel perfect. Can you please point me to version/beta that handles windows scaling correctly?

Reply #808
I removed the rounding code. All math is done in DIP not pixels. If you think about it: rounding the values before giving them to Direct2D prevents it from choosing the correct pixel when it's time to create the final picture.
Good to know it now renders correctly. Can you point me to the version/beta of your plugin that renders correctly with different windows scaling?
Speaking of pixel perfect. Can you please point me to version/beta that handles windows scaling correctly?
There's none yet. I'm working on other components for the moment.

Reply #809

OK. That's your prerogative. Sorry, to hear that though.

Reply #810
What you forget is antialiasing in Direct2D (since hardware-accelerated version of foobar2000's built-in visualizations like Spectrum have anti-aliasing) or is it?

Reply #811
What you forget is antialiasing in Direct2D (since hardware-accelerated version of foobar2000's built-in visualizations like Spectrum have anti-aliasing) or is it?
Anti-aliasing is turned off for graphic elements with straight edges like the spectrum bars. It is enabled for the curve f.e.

Reply #812
Anti-aliasing is turned off for graphic elements with straight edges like the spectrum bars. It is enabled for the curve f.e.
So what's wrong with antialiasing on spectrum bars (like in foobar2000's built-in "Spectrum" w/ hardware-acceleration) and LEDs visualization?

Good thing that this response helped me clarify why there aren't any updates on this component, though I'm more of looking towards upcoming version 2 of @Crossover's foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer, though corrections (making audio analysis algorithm in this component behave very similarly if not same as in my CodePen projects and implemented correctly this time) on foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer are appreciated

Reply #813
Hi and thanks for the plugin!
I have a small request: I would like to be able to use a two decimals in the smoothing factor value. Now when I try to input for example 0.95, it shows the correct result as long as I don't click away from the input field. When I click away or save the settings, it rounds it to the nearest single decimal value. So in that case it rounds it to 1.0. I'd like to use a smoothing factor of about 0.95 with the Peak smoothing method.

Reply #814
Hi and thanks for the plugin!
I have a small request: I would like to be able to use a two decimals in the smoothing factor value. Now when I try to input for example 0.95, it shows the correct result as long as I don't click away from the input field. When I click away or save the settings, it rounds it to the nearest single decimal value. So in that case it rounds it to 1.0. I'd like to use a smoothing factor of about 0.95 with the Peak smoothing method.
No problem. I'll change it in the next version.

Reply #815
Foobar2000 2.1.5 32bit

Hard crash when manually trying to change the percentages as indicated by the red arrow
When adding multiple spectrogram graphs, graph labels are placed on top of each other, and X and Y labels for each graph are always shown on the left graph when shown horizontally and on the top graph when stacked vertically
Also, for the spectrogram graphs, on my 7.1 system, it doesn't show the the graphs for Side-Left/Side-Right.
And the colors look like they are top-down with respect to the X-axis labels instead of bottom-up like the built-in spectrogram (channel order in the built-in is different though and can't be changed.)
Aside from that, scroll speed could be a bit faster, it feels like it's half the speed of the built-in spectrogram. Might also show a bit more detail when faster.

Reply #816
Hard crash when manually trying to change the percentages as indicated by the red arrow
Not reproducible. Can you be more specific about the circumstances and what you entered?
Aside from that, scroll speed could be a bit faster, it feels like it's half the speed of the built-in spectrogram. Might also show a bit more detail when faster.
The spectogram updates every second because that's the frequency of the fb2k update event. I'll do some research about an alternative timer.

Reply #817
Not reproducible. Can you be more specific about the circumstances and what you entered?
I just tried to change the percentage by typing in a new number, as soon as I started typing, the whole of foobar2000 just silently died. I've attached the crash dum from the attempt I just did for this post.

The spectogram updates every second because that's the frequency of the fb2k update event. I'll do some research about an alternative timer.
Don't know if you ever played with the Waveseekbar component, but I use the following calculation in effects in 'PS_IN VS( VS_IN input )' when I use it in scroll mode, which happens to produce the same speed as the internal spectrogram component. That wasn't my initial intention when I tried adding a scrolling mode, just a fortunate outcome. But I'm sure there must exist some info on how fast the internal spectrogram scrolls

Code: [Select]
output.tc.x = input.tc.x + cursorPos * trackDuration / (viewportSize.x / 100)

and would be nice if the SoX color pattern could look exactly like the graphs SoX itself creates.

Reply #818
How do you even change the colors of the spectrogram???

I've been trying in vain to get it to show even something remotely resembling the internal one... the colors just won't change...

Ah, so you can change colors what you want, they don't have any effect unless the dropdown shows custom...

Might want to disable that whole color bit if you've got something else than custom selected.

Reply #819
How do you even change the colors of the spectrogram???
By selecting a different color source for the "Spectogram" style and modifying the color scheme or the individual colors.