Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possible bug: Upmix to 5.1 missing LFE channel (Read 698 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible bug: Upmix to 5.1 missing LFE channel

Using Foobar 2.0 x64 and the built-in "Upmix to 5.1" dsp, nothing else in the DSP chain.
I used to use the "channel mixer" which had no issues, but that hasn't been updated in forever, and it probably won't make its way to x64 foobar.

When I look at the peak meter, nothing is output to the LFE channel.
Foobar has no problem showing use of the channel with normal 5.1 channel audio.

Is this a bug with the upmixing?  The peak meter visualization?

Thank you!

Re: Possible bug: Upmix to 5.1 missing LFE channel

Reply #1
It's just a duplicate all satellite channels to all satellite channels DSP.  It doesn't attempt to use LFE channel.  This is not a bug of the DSP at all, it's just how it works.

Re: Possible bug: Upmix to 5.1 missing LFE channel

Reply #2
Followup question; is there anyways to add that channel in foobar x64?  I used to use channel mixer, but it's only 32 bit, and the source is apparently lost to time.