Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [v1.6.16] Replaygain scan is very slow on files with chapters  (Read 522 times) previous topic - next topic

[v1.6.16] Replaygain scan is very slow on files with chapters

I have a 168 minute file with 19 chapters.
A replaygain scan of this file takes 82 seconds.
If I remove the chapter markers from the file then a RG scan takes only 30 seconds.

Is there any way to make Foobar2000 ignore the chapter information and just scan it as a single file?

Re: [v1.6.16] Replaygain scan is very slow on files with chapters

Reply #1
Am I missing something, because I don't get the point of your question. The chapters mark different tracks so if they are not taken into account you can't have proper ReplayGain results for the tracks. Just a big single album gain value for the entire file.

Out of curiosity, what kind of files are you dealing with? As a test I tried this and multichapter file scanning was much faster because it could be performed in multiple threads.
I hope you took into account that testing the same file again from a slow source could go faster as it gets cached in the OS memory. To get accurate results you either have to reboot the machine between tests or run the test several times until speeds stabilize.