Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Preview of foobar2000 mobile v1.4 (Read 19539 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Preview of foobar2000 mobile v1.4

Reply #75
2023-07-19 and 2023-07-20 preview builds have listed http and internet radio fixes. I know it takes time but my issue where direct links to media streams return error 400 are still present. It can also be observed when trying to play search results from the radio browser. Links to m3u, pls and possibly other supported playlist formats are working fine. Links to the same MP3 streams that are playable when referenced by the playlist are not playable when accessed directly.

Reply #76
Hi Peter,
I noticed you removed the some of the VideoGameMusic functionality from the android mobile version of Foobar2000.. ?? :( can you please restore it. I am talking about Sony PlayStation psf and psf2 files and Sega Saturn ssf and Dreamcast dsf files..

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_psf
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_ht

I cannot access or play half my collection of music now.. :(

Reply #77
I came here to ask the same. A huge part of the appeal of mobile foobar2000 for me is being able to cram in a large amount of music, since storage space is at a premium. xSF formats score hugely for this. I hope this is just an oversight and their support will be restored.

Reply #78
I hope this is just an oversight and their support will be restored.
I'm pretty confident Peter will restore this, probably just some accidental regression.
I suppose he's currently on vacation, since he wasn't online for a while.

Reply #79
On IOS v1.4 beta 22, the text in the Advanced Settings and DSP Manager menus is hidden in dark mode.

Reply #80
Another cosmetic issue: the page when you download from a media server looks odd with the dark skin. I am also having issues getting the album artist and album thumbnails to load for some reason; I have never had these an issue like this until this update.

Reply #81
Build 758, addressed playback not getting suspended on app close among other things.
Hi Peter, trying this build on my Fiio M11 Pro and still the same bug as the previews before: Playback getting suspended although app *not* closed.
To encircle the problem: Some titles play flawlessly, and the player skips to the next title in the playlist; some files stop 1 second before shown duration and I have to skip manually, (skip silence not activated), and when starting playback more in the middle of a track, it sometimes happen that a 1-second-excerpt of that track loops infinetely. As mentioned, only MP3 files in my music library, it occures both with CBR and VBR encoded files.
May there be an issue with an updated MP3 decoder in FFmpeg 6.0?

Same issues in the newest beta version   :(   - but they disappear when enabling <smooth seeking/pausing/volume> in Tools ->Advanced-> AUDIO  ;)

Reply #82
Some radio stations playable in IOS Foobar2000 1.3.1 do not play in Android Preview 2023-07-31. Play stops with "Internet radio Error. Bad request (400)". Station urls have the format as this:
PartyFM - http://stream.partyfm.dk/Party320/

Reply #84
I've just reproduced the problem - inability to read ReplayGain info from Musepack files in v1.4-2023-07-31 (arm64).
When Media Library scanning is finished, "ReplayGain Scanner" shows that there is no info ("567 albums and 23 single tracks need scanning.")
If I choose "Reload from tags", it gets busy for around a minute, and finishes with no change.
I have looked into "Console", there are no clues.

The same files but before v1.4 are recognized without issues.
This also seems to be specific to Musepack - I tested v1.4 with a few mp3 and opus files, their ReplayGain info is recognized correctly.

Is Musepack still supported?
Is there anything I can help with fixing this?
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Reply #85
There's a bug in the newest build (that has been in all 1.4 releases) when rapidly tapping next track after 5-10 seconds, any further songs will not play and the only way to remedy the problem is to completely restart the app.

I have tried this with DSPs on/off and the problem persists. My music is exclusively FLACs from SD card. The problem exists on both my Tab S7+ and Note 20 Ultra running Android 13.

Here is what it looks like:

Reply #86
There's a bug in the newest build (that has been in all 1.4 releases) when rapidly tapping next track after 5-10 seconds, any further songs will not play and the only way to remedy the problem is to completely restart the app.

I have tried this with DSPs on/off and the problem persists. My music is exclusively FLACs from SD card. The problem exists on both my Tab S7+ and Note 20 Ultra running Android 13.

Here is what it looks like:

I have discovered that this problem only occurs when "smooth seeking/pausing/volume" is enabled under Advanced settings.

Reply #87
Preview 2023-08-10 hotfix : Trying to add Music folder on  External Storage to Media Library -> App crashes  >:( 
Only whole External Storage selectable for Media Library.
In former previews selecting the Music folder worked flawlessly

Reply #88
Hello everyone, it is obviously possible to connect this new version of foobar to a Webdav share. But I can't do it at all! Anyone got the secret?
Thank you so much !

Reply #89
Hello everyone, it is obviously possible to connect this new version of foobar to a Webdav share. But I can't do it at all! Anyone got the secret?
See the changelog:
WebDAV sources can now be accessed via webdav-http:// or webdav-https:// URLs

Reply #90
same thing with the decoding speed test page
theres also a weird gap on the utilities page

Reply #92
Is there a plan to sort albums by album artist? Same thing with displaying albums as a list.

Reply #93
I hope this is just an oversight and their support will be restored.
I'm pretty confident Peter will restore this, probably just some accidental regression.
I suppose he's currently on vacation, since he wasn't online for a while.

I'm becoming less hopeful.
I'd like to regress to an older version if this isn't going to be fixed.

Reply #94
not updated. foobar2000 Mobile for Android 1.4.2 preview 2023-12-07 build #791
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)