Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: PlexTools Professional doesn't see USB drive (on Windows 10) (Read 957 times) previous topic - next topic

PlexTools Professional doesn't see USB drive (on Windows 10)

I'm using Windows 10 64-bit with a Plextor PX-716UFL external USB/Firewire DVD writer connected via USB.

The drive is recognised by other software, I can use foobar2000 to rip audio CDs. However PlexTools Professional (I tried XL 3.16 and LE 3.13) doesn't detect the drive. It does detect the SATA-connected drives in my PC.

Do I need to do anything special to get it to work with my USB-connected drive?

Re: PlexTools Professional doesn't see USB drive (on Windows 10)

Reply #1
Plextor means it's old right so the software is old? Stab in the dark, try using a usb 2.0 port if you have one. Low chance it'll do anything but worth a shot.

Reply #2
Perhaps it needs to run in compatibility mode? You should be able to right-click on the shortcut and switch to Vista or XP compatibility.

You could also try running it in a virtual machine with a period-appropriate Windows XP installation and USB passthrough. It's not the easiest thing to set up, though.

Reply #3
Thanks for the suggestions.

It looks like there could be some issue with my system. I tried using Exact Audio Copy which doesn't seem to detect any drives at all! Its configuration wizard says "EAC detected the following CD drive(s) in your system. Please select which drives EAC should autoconfigure." There's a checkbox below with no text next to it.

I have Virtual CloneDrive installed (with no emulated drives), maybe uninstalling that could help???