Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is is possible to set output folder to last used?? (Read 848 times) previous topic - next topic

Is is possible to set output folder to last used??

I find if very annoying that when I browse for the output file it defaults to some dumb location on my C drive of the programs choosing when I am placing them in very meticulously created file structure named properly several folders deep on another drive so I have to navigate there each time.....not smart.

Is there anyway to set the output folder to remember the last folder used so then logically the next file you do will be ONE FOLDER down and easy to navigate to. 

I cannot just dump them into a folder and move them.  For many bands I have may multiple pressings so the folder names become very important to identify them when dumping them to FLAC tracks.  I create the folders beforehand so this should be easy but it is tedious.

Thanks

Re: Is is possible to set output folder to last used??

Reply #1
If the path is already created you could just paste it into manual output instead of browsing for it.
I prefer to use templates to create the path.
korth

Reply #2
Output: Browse returns to the last location for me. Even when I close and restart CUETools.
korth

Reply #3
OK, for some reason it has a memory now and since I used TreeCopy to build the identical folder structure on the target drive it seems to be working the way I want now....I have no idea what I did differently.

I'll read the resource for learning the variables to build a template. I may play with that later because by changing one item in the template on the fly it would move me to the next major area I need to work.

Thanks