Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [v2 beta] Cannot use search when a filter including "NOT" is applied (Read 1567 times) previous topic - next topic

[v2 beta] Cannot use search when a filter including "NOT" is applied

I use default UI and facets.

When I've got a filter active, as soon as I type anything in the search box (even just "a"), nothing shows up. All the facets panels go completely blank.

EDIT: It looks like this only happens when the filter includes "NOT". I have two filters: 1. Live: %genre% HAS Live and 2. Not Live: NOT %genre% HAS Live. The first one works as expected (search is possible when the filter is applied) but the second one returns nothing when anything is typed in the search box.

It's the same in v2 beta 11 and v2 beta 12. But the issue doesn't exist in v1.

I presume this is a (major) bug but perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Re: [v2 beta] Cannot use search when a filter including "NOT" is applied

Reply #3
Sorry, tested with NOT %genre% IS Symphony not NOT %genre% HAS Symphony. Now I can reproduce.

Thanks for replying. It's quite a big deal isn't it.

Have you got any ideas?

Oh, and yes, I meant ReFacets not Facets.

Reply #5
Clearly a bug in ReFacets. By the way, setting "Library" to "Playlist" solves the problem.. This is something for Peter.

Oh, I'm so new to all this. I've never clicked on that Library button lol. I wonder where I'm supposed to go to find out what switching from "Library" to "Playlist" does?

I'm sure I'll find out somehow. I better leave you alone; you're busy.

Thank you again.

Reply #6
The Media Library contains all music in the monitoring music folders. A playlist contains usually only parts of the music, for example the music of an artist.

Reply #7
The Media Library contains all music in the monitoring music folders. A playlist contains usually only parts of the music, for example the music of an artist.

Thanks, grimes.

I really hope you can pass this on to Peter.