Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: cue + multiple wav to flac (Read 2683 times) previous topic - next topic

cue + multiple wav to flac

I have successfully ripped over a hundred of my CDs using cueripper, and it worked great.
I have also used cuetools to verify rips done with EAC and even repair a couple.
I am now trying to convert a bunch of wav rips done with EAC. When I ripped them each disc is in it's own folder with a log file and a wav for each track.
When I browse to that folder with cuetools and select the Action-> Create CUE Sheet function, that seems to work, however it is called "Unknown Artist - Unknown Title.cue"
What am I doing wrong, and is there a way to get to all my wav files converted to flac files like cueripper does without re-ripping everything?

Thank you in advance, and I am sorry if this is covered somewhere.

Thanks,
mnemonic76

Re: cue + multiple wav to flac

Reply #1
Why are you creating a CUE sheet?

Action: Encode (default)
Mode: Tracks
Audio Output: Lossless FLAC
korth

Reply #2
I tried that first. Maybe I should have asked a different question.  When I do as you suggested in your reply, I get a folder called Unknown Artist created with a subfolder called Unknown Title with all the wav files converted to flac...

What do I have set up wrong ? Where does cuetools find the artist and title information in this case?

Thanks,
Mnemonic76

Reply #3
Do the track filenames have track numbers first? (01 filename.wav)
Could you post the EAC log?
korth

Reply #5
Where does cuetools find the artist and title information in this case?

Thanks,
Mnemonic76

I have a lot of rips from EAC that I encode to flac.
EAC created a .cue file for each CD. This contains the artist and title information for each track. Cuetools uses that information. Do you have a cue file for abbey road?

Reply #6
I must not have had that option set...

Could I use cuetools to only create the cue file and place that in the folder with the ripped wave in order to accomplish what I  am trying to do without re-ripping?

Thanks,
Mnemonic76

Reply #7
Are you only trying to process one rip?
Are you selecting the best match (not "Unknown Artist - Unknown Title")
X
korth

Reply #8
I must not have had that option set...

Could I use cuetools to only create the cue file and place that in the folder with the ripped wave in order to accomplish what I  am trying to do without re-ripping?

Thanks,
Mnemonic76

not so easily… looking at your log file, you dont have the artist in the filename or hierarchy…
are they all beatles cds or are there other artists as well?
How many cds  in total?

Reply #9
It's 75 CDs in total. If I create the correct folder structure will that work? I don't mind creating some folders and other steps if I can avoid the time consuming process of re-ripping.

Thanks,
Mnemonic76

Reply #10
Are you only trying to process one rip?
Are you selecting the best match (not "Unknown Artist - Unknown Title")

Initially I selected the entire rip folder with all the subfolders. When that didn't work as expected,  i tried just one. I did not see that prompt you showed in your screenshot either time.

Thanks,
Mnemonic76

Reply #11
You won't get interactive windows when processing more than one rip at a time (batch mode).
Without the interactive window you won't be able to select something other than "Unknown Artist - Unknown Title".
Note: to create a CUE sheet from wav files you still need the interactive window to fill in the information.

wav files and EAC log in same folder
selecting wav tracks of one rip
X

After pressing GO interactive window pops up
X

Selecting metadata
X

Finished conversion (note Output path does not say "Unknown Artist - Unknown Title")
X
korth

Reply #12
Fantastic!

This is exactly what I needed.

Great tutorial, and not only do I understand how to operate the software,  but I  learned why it didn't work before!

Thanks,
Mnemonic76

Reply #13
I might as well show you the interactive CUE sheet creation for wav files.
This time I'll use drag'n'drop

First select wav as Audio Output
X

Then change Audio Output to none.
Select/create a template (sorry you can't use the source folder)
Drag 1st wav file of the set and drop. Hit GO
X

select metadata
X

Edit: I almost forgot you need to set Audio Filenames to 'keep original filenames' (this prevents using the source folder as the output folder even though you aren't writing audio files).
X
korth

Reply #14
An amazing walkthrough of part of the power of cuetools!

Reply #15
Will be working on this today.I will report back...

Thanks,
Mnemonic76

Reply #16
Working great!

Thanks to you all for your help and support for this great software.

mnemonic76