Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: STRANGE PROBLEM: VER 1.6.9 and 1.6.8 don't play WavPack correctly (Read 1202 times) previous topic - next topic

STRANGE PROBLEM: VER 1.6.9 and 1.6.8 don't play WavPack correctly

Hello Peter and Dev Team,

the new version 1.6.9 doesn't play WavPack correctly on my system (Win 32bit, 4GB RAM).
WavPack playback is affected by micro-pauses approximately one per second.

I reverted back to ver 1.6.8 and I have the same problem.

To be honest are months I don't play .WV files, so I don't know since how long I have this problem on my system.
All components are current (last version) and I do not have problems playing flac, mp3, alac and ISO SACD files.

Any idea of what kind of problem may I have?
Thanks and regards,
Andrea

Re: STRANGE PROBLEM: VER 1.6.9 and 1.6.8 don't play WavPack correctly

Reply #1
Whats the properties | details of the file that's struggling to play?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Re: STRANGE PROBLEM: VER 1.6.9 and 1.6.8 don't play WavPack correctly

Reply #2
Whats the properties | details of the file that's struggling to play?

Any .WV file.
To be honest, all the .WV files I tried to play yesterday were all 44.1kHz 16bit (see screenshots for details), but it may be I have also other formats.
I checked again and the micro-pauses happen even at an higher rate than 1 per second but (in my case) not higher rate than 2 per second.