Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: Pasting collected songs doesn't immediatly empty the collect feature? (Read 196 times) previous topic - next topic

Pasting collected songs doesn't immediatly empty the collect feature?

Shouldn't it empty as soon as you paste the contents of what has been collected? Mine does not. It eventually does but I can't figure out what triggers it to empty. As far as I can tell there's just a long delay of several minutes before it removes the previous contents, however it seems to hold the very last items collected indefinitely. Restarting does clear it.

Re: Pasting collected songs doesn't immediatly empty the collect feature?

Reply #1
Hi there,

(right-click tracks > Collect) ?
It just appends tracks to the Windows Clipboard. Pasting anything from the Windows Clipboard has never cleared it, this is a standard Windows feature and not foobar related. You can use the copy command to clear / replace the Clipboard contents.

(Windows 10 actually remembers Clipboard history if you use WIN key + V to paste - edit: though foobar does not like that)

Re: Restarting, foobar does seem to lose the Clipboard for some reason, but the previously copied tracks are still there - you can see by pasting them into Notepad.

Cheers

Re: Pasting collected songs doesn't immediatly empty the collect feature?

Reply #2
Thank you. I understand it now. I didn't realize it was adding them to clipboard.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021