Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: Facets component update in 2021 (Read 847 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets component update in 2021

I use Facets, and I think is a must in my Foobar2000 settings but I see the last version available is very old (Current version: 1.0, released on 2011-08-18).
Foobar2000 says this component has repeated crash reports so, somebody know something about the author Frank Bicking? Why he let abandoned his great creation? Is Facets possible to update 10 years later?

Re: Facets component update in 2021

Reply #1
Only Frank Bicking can update it, because he never released the source code publicly.

Reply #3
That would be " @Frank Bicking " to get the mention into his feed next time he logs on - but previous was late 2019 ...
High Voltage socket-nose-avatar

Reply #4
It only ever crashed for me when using the search toolbar for auto-playlist creation, especially typing SORT at the end of query. Easy fix, just use Library > Search instead. (Simple searches work fine)

Of course I'd love to see an updated version or copy cat of some sort (SMP creation perhaps?), though for mind it still works well for what it does and has unique features to date, 10 years later. Shout out to foobar compatibility, really.

Reply #5
It only ever crashed for me when using the search toolbar for auto-playlist creation, especially typing SORT at the end of query. Easy fix, just use Library > Search instead. (Simple searches work fine)

Of course I'd love to see an updated version or copy cat of some sort (SMP creation perhaps?), though for mind it still works well for what it does and has unique features to date, 10 years later. Shout out to foobar compatibility, really.

Same here. I have used this component since it was released and it has never crashed.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Reply #6
I use Album list by default and facets only when I need it, but still I have once upon a blue moon had a crash that seems facets-related. Enough to wish for a bugfix, not enough to unintstall.
High Voltage socket-nose-avatar

Reply #7
I like Foobar2000 for lots of reasons now, but it was Facets that originally sold me on Foobar2000 when I first started out with it. I don't like to think about having to use Foobar2000 without it, and I can't recall it ever crashing.

Reply #8
I don't imagine foobar2000 without facets.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021