Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: Automatic update of Track No/Total Tracks tags? (Read 383 times) previous topic - next topic

Automatic update of Track No/Total Tracks tags?

Hi,  I add my music to FooBar as tracks, grouped under artists' names, also using the artists' names as the album name. That way I compile my own 'Greatest Hits' collections.  I use Masstagger command Auto Track Number which numbers them as per %artist%%album%.
When I add a new track, is there a way for the Track Numbers/Total Tracks tags to be updated automatically, or do I have to run Masstagger each time?

Thanks for anyone who can help.

Re: Automatic update of Track No/Total Tracks tags?

Reply #1
You may have to run Masstagger each time. If you save it as a preset script, you can assign a toolbar button / keyboard shortcut.

Though I imagine there is a Spider Monkey Panel solution to run the command automatically... for people who know how to Spider Monkey...

Reply #2
Thank you for your speedy reply.

Reply #3
Yep, you could run it automatically using a preset script and then on SMP
Code: [Select]
function on_library_items_added(handle_list){
     fb.RunContextCommandWithMetadb("Tagging/Scripts/YOURPRESET"", handle_list, 8)
}
Obviously I would add some safety checks there... and think if it's really needed to do that. Also as far as I understand, you add track numbers according to ALL tracks on library previously added too, so that code must be edited to have that in mind.

You can also create an autoplaylist with a tag missing (or added recently), and from time to time, manually apply the preset to the entire list. Much safer...

Reply #4
Perhaps not fully related to topic, but kinda. @regor Can this also be used in a manner to update a track with a masstagger script after x percentage of track has been played?

Reply #5
Yep, you could run it automatically using a preset script and then on SMP
Code: [Select]
function on_library_items_added(handle_list){
     fb.RunContextCommandWithMetadb("Tagging/Scripts/YOURPRESET"", handle_list, 8)
}
Obviously I would add some safety checks there... and think if it's really needed to do that. Also as far as I understand, you add track numbers according to ALL tracks on library previously added too, so that code must be edited to have that in mind.

You can also create an autoplaylist with a tag missing (or added recently), and from time to time, manually apply the preset to the entire list. Much safer...

Thanks. In the risk of getting into deep water, I think I'll do it per item! Appreciate the info.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021