Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Windows10: Flac 2 channel vs. 5.1 channel (Read 1237 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows10: Flac 2 channel vs. 5.1 channel

Update:
Just installed Foobar on Wndows10
HDMI connection to Denon AVR 3600

Have numerous DVD-Audio, Flac, and ISO 2 channel and 5.1 multi-channel files

I seem to have to change the Windows Sound setting manually when going from 2 channel to 5.1 multi-channel files.

Q. I was expecting Foobar to automatically switch the output to 5.1 or 2 channel , the same way as Kodi does....

Any thoughts?
thank you

Re: Windows10: Flac 2 channel vs. 5.1 channel

Reply #1
i use asio4all drivers to set it up because nvidia doesn't provide asio drivers. Using the defauilt wasapi has always been bogus for me. When you download asio4all and also the ASIO component from foobar, you will need to setup the surround through the ASIO options in FOOBAR under File->Preferences->Playback->Output->ASIO. ASIO does bit perfect playback, but the drawback is that you won't be able to listen to ANYTHING else. it takes control of the audio out and won't allow things like: games, youtube, etc.

I setup 2 dsp's so that I can use the dsp dropdown in the titlebar of foobar to change from 2.0 to 5.0, although these days i've been using the upmix to 5.0 for all my stereo files.

If you need help let me know I can go into further detail.

Re: Windows10: Flac 2 channel vs. 5.1 channel

Reply #2
i use asio4all drivers to set it up because nvidia doesn't provide asio drivers. Using the defauilt wasapi has always been bogus for me. When you download asio4all and also the ASIO component from foobar, you will need to setup the surround through the ASIO options in FOOBAR under File->Preferences->Playback->Output->ASIO. ASIO does bit perfect playback, but the drawback is that you won't be able to listen to ANYTHING else. it takes control of the audio out and won't allow things like: games, youtube, etc.

I setup 2 dsp's so that I can use the dsp dropdown in the titlebar of foobar to change from 2.0 to 5.0, although these days i've been using the upmix to 5.0 for all my stereo files.

If you need help let me know I can go into further detail.
thank you