Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: Split large FLAC file to single flac files, what level should I use? (Read 309 times) previous topic - next topic

Split large FLAC file to single flac files, what level should I use?

Hi everybody,

I have converted my entire CD collection to FLAC files. I choosed the option to have one single FLAC file for each CD with a CUE file.

Now I want to cut some tracks as FLAC file bit without loosing quality. So the single flac file shoud by equal to the track in the large flac file.

I have read that I can convert the track to FLAC again and the quality remains the same. Can someone confirm this?

If this is, what compression level should I use in the encoder settings in Foobar2k?

Re: Split large FLAC file to single flac files, what level should I use?

Reply #2
I doesn't matter what level of flac compression you use there is no difference in quality. I always use level 8. It takes only slightly longer to write the file but it gives you the smallest file size.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021