Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: Library tree Winamp-like? (Read 674 times) previous topic - next topic

Library tree Winamp-like?

Hello guys.
I've always been in love with Winamp but, since the development is discontinued, I finally decided to try Foobar, highly recommended by lot of friends.
I like it, but I'm too much used to the Winamp library tree, which I can divide by artists and when I choose one it gets divided by albums and so on. Is there a plugin or something to make Foobar's library looks like this?

Re: Library tree Winamp-like?

Reply #1
Facets or colums UI (and there, filters panel). Both are plugins.

X
X
You can configure the columns on both.

Note that's not a library tree, if you want a library tree, then use album list and configure it to order by artist and then albums.
X

Reply #2
For foobar there are two versions of library tree, unrelated to each other and both are named library tree.
One is a columns UI plugin while the other Library Tree is a jscript panel.

Reply #3
Chrono 256, as an option, you can try this build:
YouTube Music

Reply #4
Chrono 256, as an option, you can try this build:

This looks great! What's the name of this build?
Edit: just looked at the pm, thank you!

Anyway thanks anyone, I'll try everything soon!

Reply #6
Hello guys.
I've always been in love with Winamp but, since the development is discontinued, I finally decided to try Foobar, highly recommended by lot of friends.
I like it, but I'm too much used to the Winamp library tree, which I can divide by artists and when I choose one it gets divided by albums and so on. Is there a plugin or something to make Foobar's library looks like this?

There's a portable version of fb2k here you can try, to see if it gives you any ideas.
I added multiple instances of Facets to the GUI under tabs, each one sorting in a different way. I only needed two columns, but you can configure it however you like, although there's hidden columns fixing fb2k's sorting issues, so if you try it and like the idea post back and I'll explain how that works.

Reply #7
Dear @SergPuh.68

Could you send me that Winamp build to me? Or, maybe, send me a link...

Thanks in advance.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021