Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: Without roaming files, am I SOL? (Read 937 times) previous topic - next topic

Without roaming files, am I SOL?

Hello,
I am attempting to transfer over my old trusty f2k setup/themes to my new computer. However, I believe made a mistake when transferring foobar to my new computer, in that I only copied the program files over....A few hours of digging online and troubleshooting, made me realize that I should have copied the roaming files over as well. Since I don't have access to my old computer anymore, can I salvage at least some of my old F2k configuration using only the "foobar2000" program files, or will i have to start over?

Thanks in advance for everyone's time!

Re: Without roaming files, am I SOL?

Reply #1
In short, yes, you are SOL'd ;)

With a standard install, all customizations are kept in the user folder. (So different users can have different themes)

With a portable install, everything is in a single install folder. (So it can be copied easily and run without installing it)

There are some pretty nice pre-made themes available though -

Eole (CUI)
Georgia (new SMP)
StrigUI (DUI)
CaTRoX QWR
TripleQ

(I have not tried them all, just linking)

Reply #3
With a standard install, all customizations are kept in the user folder. (So different users can have different themes)

With a portable install, everything is in a single install folder. (So it can be copied easily and run without installing it)
Everything can be in single folder even with not portable install. Just remove file user_profiles_enabled after installation.

Reply #4
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021