Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: Can you batch process 32 bit float AND adjust clipping? (Read 1128 times) previous topic - next topic

Can you batch process 32 bit float AND adjust clipping?

Hello,

I have a bunch of 32bit float takes from a film I'm shooting. What I normally can do in Audition is adjust the peaks manually, but I wanted to know if there was a way to pull down just the parts that are clipping in a batch process then export to 24 bit also in a batch process?

Thanks!

Re: Can you batch process 32 bit float AND adjust clipping?

Reply #1
Hello,

I have a bunch of 32bit float takes from a film I'm shooting. What I normally can do in Audition is adjust the peaks manually, but I wanted to know if there was a way to pull down just the parts that are clipping in a batch process then export to 24 bit also in a batch process?

Thanks!
Are you sure you want to do that?  To reduce just the peak level you could use a peak limiter with appropriate attack/release and infinite slope.  However, you might not like the results if the peaks are severe.  You'll have to play with the time constants. 

Otherwise, normalize the whole thing to -1dBFS.  Totally innocuous, no side-effects, doesn't change anything except whatever gain it takes to eliminate the overs.  That's what I would recommend until you're in the final mix.

Re: Can you batch process 32 bit float AND adjust clipping?

Reply #2
dBpoweramp can do this, you can peak to peak volume normalize, EBUR128 volume normalize, or even dynamic range compress.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021