Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: long naming matter (Read 1615 times) previous topic - next topic

long naming matter

Dear All,

I'm a complete noob here and i'm facing a naming matter when ripping Cd's to Flac files. In fact I'm able to get endless long names for files when using this built-in pattern :

%album artist% /%album%/[%album artist% - ]%album% - %title%

But i want to add the track number  to read the files in the same order they are on the CD and use this pattern :

%album artist%/%album%/%tracknumber%. %title%

With this second pattern i unavoidably get a Code 1 error for the longuest title tracks and a stop in the conversion despite the fact the files names are shorter than the ones i get with the first pattern.

Of course, i think i miss something and any input there would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

kind regards

Re: long naming matter

Reply #1
I have under Name format:
Code: [Select]
%artist%\%album%\%tracknumber% - %title%
with backslash, to create the folder tree.
The result is:
G:\mp3\Bach\Bach - Milstein\Bach- The Sonatas and Partitas for Solo Violin - Disc 1\01 - Sonata No. 1 in G Minor - Adagio.flac

Reply #2
Please, provide an example with all necessary settings.

Reply #3
Got an error Code1 with long filenames. There is obviously a limit (255 characters?)

1 out of 1 files converted with major problems.

Source: "cdda://008A8BC8" / index: 1
  Audio CD extraction setup: drive: "hp HLDS - DVDRW  GUD1N", sample offset: 6, security: standard
  Destination: "c:\mp3\Pettersson- Wallin, Lindberg, Norrköping SO\Pettersson- Violin Concerto No.2, Symphony No.17\01 - Concerto No.2 for Violin and Orchestra- Openingddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.flac"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters) : "c:\mp3\Pettersson- Wallin, Lindberg, Norrköping SO\Pettersson- Violin Concerto No.2, Symphony No.17\01 - Concerto No.2 for Violin and Orchestra- Openingddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.flac"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
  Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\encoders\flac.exe" -s --ignore-chunk-sizes -5 - -o "01 - Concerto No.2 for Violin and Orchestra- Openingddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.flac"
  Working folder: c:\mp3\Pettersson- Wallin, Lindberg, Norrköping SO\Pettersson- Violin Concerto No.2, Symphony No.17\
  Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters
Maybe there is also a path limit.
EDIT: Path limit is 255 characters.

Reply #4
Curious, I seem to have been wrong my entire life. I was always under the belief that the MAX_PATH limit wasn't a factor when using relative paths. With your example scenario individual path components are not too long yet file creation fails.

Reply #5
Can't reproduce error anymore:

No problems occurred.

Source: "cdda://008A8BC8" / index: 1
  Audio CD extraction setup: drive: "hp HLDS - DVDRW  GUD1N", sample offset: 6, security: standard
  Destination: "C:\mp3\test3\Pettersson- Wallin, Lindberg, Norrköping SO\Pettersson- Violin Concerto No.2, Symphony No.17\01 - Concerto No.2 for Violin and Orchestra- Openingddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.flac"
  Track converted successfully.
Sorry for the noise.

Reply #6
Dear All,

I'm a complete noob here and i'm facing a naming matter when ripping Cd's to Flac files. In fact I'm able to get endless long names for files when using this built-in pattern :

%album artist% /%album%/[%album artist% - ]%album% - %title%

You can limit the output length of any tag, e.g. limit title to 50 characters: $left(%title%,50)

Reply #7
than you for all your replies. What surprises me is that in the first version it seems to have virtually no limit and a very sensitive one in the second. And i can't explain the reason...

Reply #8
Happy new year !

with : %album artist% /%album%/[%album artist% - ]%album% - %title%

i get this filename :

"Richard Strauss, Berliner Philharmoniker, Herbert von Karajan, Michel Schwalbé - Also sprach Zarathustra - Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche - Salomes Tanz - Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche, op. 28- nach alter Schelmenweise - in Rondeauform.flac"

PS : same destination folder in both cases

with : %album artist% /%album%/[%album% - ]%tracknumber% - %title%

i get this error :

1 out of 1 files converted with major problems.

Source: "cdda://00BA5D70" / index: 10
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters) : "C:\Users\GillesFontaine\Music\Richard Strauss, Berliner Philharmoniker, Herbert von Karajan, Michel Schwalbé\Also sprach Zarathustra - Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche - Salomes Tanz\Also sprach Zarathustra - Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche - Salomes Tanz - 10 - Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche, op. 28- nach alter Schelmenweise - in Rondeauform.flac"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
  Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\encoders\flac.exe" -s --ignore-chunk-sizes -5 - -o "Also sprach Zarathustra - Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche - Salomes Tanz - 10 - Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche, op. 28- nach alter Schelmenweise - in Rondeauform.flac"
  Working folder: C:\Users\GillesFontaine\Music\Richard Strauss, Berliner Philharmoniker, Herbert von Karajan, Michel Schwalbé\Also sprach Zarathustra - Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche - Salomes Tanz\
  Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters

It would seem that the "tracknumber" command applies the 255 characters limit that is not considered at all in the first case. Why and a how to get rid of that ?

Reply #9
At least on Windows 10 you could enable long file names like described here. Otherwise you need to adjust the pattern like this: $cut(%album artist% /%album%/[%album% - ]%tracknumber% - %title%,220). If the path to the destination folder is longer than in your example, you need to decrease the cutting point according to it.

Reply #10
There's an advanced option "Convert to temporary location, move to destination folder when finished". You can try it, maybe it will help.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021