Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: Add %date_created% Generic field??? (Read 151 times) previous topic - next topic

Add %date_created% Generic field???

Hi, within my library viewer, I'm sorting by how old the files are (so I select certain files at certain times).

E.g. I want to know what I had purchased in a specfic month of a specific year, since this is quite an important aspect of music from a personal perspective.

The only available tag is %last_modified%, however, if the file is updated (e.g. tags fixed), then the file is now shown as updated today?

With a %date_created% Generic field, this could be avoided? I'm sure it is a simple update to implement in future Foobar Versions?

many thanks

Re: Add %date_created% Generic field???

Reply #1
This has already been requested. The player's internal data structures do not store that information, so a lot of things would have to be changed in compatibility breaking ways, including breaking all existing components which handle or decode files, to add this.

Re: Add %date_created% Generic field???

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply - I see, that would be a big update.

I guess the only way would be to use a third-party attributes changer to restore the last_modified date of the file in Windows explorer.

Cheers

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020