Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: Isolating Properties based on field - Help! (Read 1197 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Isolating Properties based on field - Help!

Reply #25
Well, well... I'm not sure about the interpretation. TOS#5 could be about other users coming into a topic, while I considered this more just the OP expanding on questions in the topic he started. If he'd had the foresight to name the topic "20 questions about layout" :D there would be no problem. (I'm happy to be corrected by a mod however)

In any case, @ JOSHSKORN keep experimenting on it. A foobar layout is never complete in my experience, it just gets better with time. ;)

Reply #26
As the active admin of the moment to be browsing this topic, and having seen the previous comments, and the report:

I don't really feel this violates any rules of discussion, and the content within may be useful to someone else at some point, if they happen to find it in a search for similar questions.

The discussion is currently constrained to a single topic.

The report against jazzthieve was kind of silly, and won't be acted upon, either.

Really, though, a lot of the information requested and answered here, should be an indicator that someone or some group of people could help contribute to guides on the subject, possibly on the wiki. Maybe a little better organized. Any volunteers?

Reply #27
As the active admin of the moment to be browsing this topic, and having seen the previous comments, and the report:

I don't really feel this violates any rules of discussion, and the content within may be useful to someone else at some point, if they happen to find it in a search for similar questions.

The discussion is currently constrained to a single topic.

The report against jazzthieve was kind of silly, and won't be acted upon, either.

Really, though, a lot of the information requested and answered here, should be an indicator that someone or some group of people could help contribute to guides on the subject, possibly on the wiki. Maybe a little better organized. Any volunteers?

I do appreciate you coming here to address the situation.  I meant no harm, I just wanted help and like I said, someone was gracious enough to assist me.

Back to the topic at hand....

First of all, question:  Lets say for every item where %totaltracks% or %style% (both) were blank, I wanted to change the background color of my Artist Facet, basically highlighting artists with empty fields.

The rest of this post isn't a question.  I just wanted to explain what I had done just so others may benefit.  I basically made a new Tab for testing to which I may adapt to it.  As @anamorphic knows, I have 5 panes, actually now 6, I added one for the Artist.  Before doing this, though, I went ahead and added a splitter, so the 6 panes would be on top, and the bottom, I added EsPlaylist.

First of all, here's my directory structure:  D:\Music\Artist\Album\Tracks

The new EsPlaylist I have on the tagging tab that I'm experiment has these columns:
No. (track number), Title, Length, Release Date, Path, Path, Path, Path, Path

I edited each Path column (Name and Format change) accordingly (Right-click, Edit Column...):
Filename: %filename%
Drive Letter: $left(%path%,3)
Root Folder: $directory(%path%, 3)
Artist Folder: $directory(%path%, 2)
Album Folder: $directory(%path%, 1)
Filetype: $ext(%path%)

This was trial and error, I had no idea if this was going to work.  Source for the coding here.

Reply #28
First of all, question:  Lets say for every item where %totaltracks% or %style% (both) were blank, I wanted to change the background color of my Artist Facet, basically highlighting artists with empty fields.
You cannot change the background color, but you could add a filter for the toolbar button. (Again you'd need the Facets toolbar enabled)

On the toolbar, click the down arrow next to 'Filter' button > Preferences > Add new -

Name: Missing tags
Query: %totaltracks% MISSING AND %style% MISSING

Then you can select it from the 'Filter' button and click the button to turn it on and off.

(It uses the foobar Search Query syntax)

Cheers

Reply #29
%filename_ext% NOT (HAS ".wav")

Name: Missing tags
Query: %totaltracks% MISSING AND %style% MISSING
Thanks, again!

I went ahead and added %date% to that query. only to figure out that it wasn't doing what I wanted it to.  It must've been my phrasing of the question, but I ended up changing it to: %totaltracks% MISSING OR %style% MISSING OR %date% MISSING. In otherwords, I wanted one or more of the conditions to apply.

Is it possible to add to this query if front.jpg, back.jpg, CD.jpg or artist.jpg are missing?  My gut is telling me no, considering our discussion earlier about showing the artwork in the same pane as the albums and in the end having to show each artwork in its own pane.  Plus, that testing if a file exists seems to not be supported, right?

I wanted to share that, after much trial and error, I was able to create another filter that I wanted to use to show all of the non-WAV files in my library:

Name: Not WAVs
Query: NOT (%filename_ext% HAS ".wav")

My entire library should be WAV files, which was the point of this.  Otherwise, I would delete and re-rip as needed.  To a point, this filter was already in place, as "lossy", granted I'm not too familiar with FLAC.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020